Deluxe suite or 2 balcony cruises?

m steve

Two balconies. The extra dozen square feet in the suite just wouldn't be worth it to me.

With work considerations two cruises a year is just not possible right now so when we do cruise we go with deluxe suites. We actually stepped down on our last cruise and just weren't happy so that's not happening again.

Even the Neptune Lounge is only good enough for first breakfast. :rolleyes: Once Mrs. K's coffee takes hold I'm able to get her up to the Lido for second breakfast. :) Seriously though while we really like the Neptune Lounge that's not the reason we book deluxe suites, we just plain love the room and use it more than we've used smaller cabins. Our first deluxe was well beyond there was such a thing as the Neptune Lounge.

Some suites are actually twice the size of a verandah cabin and the balconies can be HUGE.:)

Like Randy and Mrs. K. we, too, love the size of the room and are in no hurry to get out of it after breakfast.:)

And as long as we haven't won the lottery or retired, we will probably be limited to one long or two short cruises per year. The added airfare is a real budget factor these days. (Unless some smokin' deal happens along.) So we will choose at least an SC suite and hope for an upgrade/upsell.:D:D

Some suites are actually twice the size of a verandah cabin and the balconies can be HUGE.:)

If we were talking the difference between a 2000 sf home and a 4000 sf home, I'd say take the big one. But a verandah room vs a SA suite is like the difference between a tiny hotel room and a dinky hotel room. None of them (with the possible exception of the penthouse) even match the size of the smallest terrestrial hotel room, and I just couldn't see paying 2x/3x the price for what amounts to the same furniture and wider pathways between the furniture. And I'm a guy who spends a LOT of time in the room.

If we were talking the difference between a 2000 sf home and a 4000 sf home, I'd say take the big one. But a verandah room vs a SA suite is like the difference between a tiny hotel room and a dinky hotel room. None of them (with the possible exception of the penthouse) even match the size of the smallest terrestrial hotel room, and I just couldn't see paying 2x/3x the price for what amounts to the same furniture and wider pathways between the furniture. And I'm a guy who spends a LOT of time in the room.

have you stayed in a deluxe verandah suite? :confused: There is tons of room. Mind you, the penthouse in nicer, no question. But 4 people can easily do it in the SA's (on the ships that accomodate 4) without bumping into each other. Of course, the Penthouse is the best solution if money is no object :D and there is room for 4 people on the verandah which is nice.

It just depends upon how close the 4 people is and how much privacy the op wants. If they want privacy, then obviously the 2 verandahs - otherwise i would do the suite. :):)

for our next cruise and are looking at 2 Cunard cruises for next fall also in balcony cabins, no aft avail. Looked at Queens grill staterooms and they look great as does the menus but the cost will be about the same for the TA as the 2 cruises. If we get a deal again in Dec. I expect I'll book a deluxe even if we go to the same ports a 5th time.

I'm still woring full time, unfortunately, and find it difficult to get 7-10 days in a row off. For us the cruise is the objective and the destination is almost secondary. We prefer the deluxe verandah suite and cruise less often so we can enjoy the spacious cabin and the amenities.

I'm still woring full time, unfortunately, and find it difficult to get 7-10 days in a row off. For us the cruise is the objective and the destination is almost secondary. We prefer the deluxe verandah suite and cruise less often so we can enjoy the spacious cabin and the amenities.

My sentiments exactly!

We upgraded to a superior suite once, and concluded that it was nice but definitely not a priority over extra cruising. It may be a matter of mobility and desire (or lack of) to sit in the room during the day. I can't say that I had strong feelings one way or the other about the couch. :-)

Since then I actually turned down a free upgrade from a standard verandah to a superior suite because I preferred the location of our standard verandah room.

igraf

While I have never stayed in a deluxe suite...the superior suite was enough to win me over. I will take the one suite cruise a year. We had breakfast almost every morning on our balcony which had a table and chairs. I also love the full size couch in the suite and the jacuzzi tub. Ahhhh...the suite life.

We upgraded to a superior suite once, and concluded that it was nice but definitely not a priority over extra cruising. It may be a matter of mobility and desire (or lack of) to sit in the room during the day. I can't say that I had strong feelings one way or the other about the couch. :-)

Since then I actually turned down a free upgrade from a standard verandah to a superior suite because I preferred the location of our standard verandah room.

igraf

Problem is that a superior is not a deluxe. :) We liked our SS on the Oosterdam but thought it was too much for an almost suite. Probably won't book another. Can't compare the couches. :D

Archived