What's wrong with deck 2?

Windows aside, thanks for the awesome pictures!

Also, if you look at the two Radiance class ships, they number the decks differently than the Voyager and Freedom class ships. On Mariner and Freedom the lowest row of small portholes that you see is deck 1 and deck two has large round windows. On the Radiance class ships that lowest row of portholes that you see is deck 2 the first row of larger round windows is deck 3.

Windows aside, thanks for the awesome pictures!

They are all side windows. However, I do have some rear and front facing window pictures if that is what you want to see ... :D

Front facing windows on the Serenade OTS ...

SerenadeOTSbridge.jpg

Aft facing windows on the Freedom OTS ...

Freedomrear-full.jpg

Front facing windows on the Freedom OTS ...

Front.jpg

Front facing windows on the Mariner OTS ...

DSC_0232.jpg

Rear facing windows on the Mariner OTS ...

DSC_0266.jpg

I've got some other angles ...

Carnival Splendor ...

Splendor.jpg

I used to have one like that of the Mariner, but now I can't find it. :mad:

Freedom of the Seas ...

FOSoffCozumel.jpg

Majesty of the Seas ...

zIMG_5147.jpg

Monarch of the Seas ...

Overview.jpg

Something of the Seas in Labadee ...

WITW.jpg

You'll notice on the Vision OTS picture that there are a few cabins on deck 2 with portholes located forward of the cabins with the square windows. I know that is also the case on Grandeur and probably the other Vision class ships. We've had both types of cabins and naturally prefer the cabins with more glass.

Cruzer2 - thanks for the great pix. You answered a question I didn't even know I had! We're sailing Vision B2B in June, and for the 5-night segment we booked an oceanview on deck 2 to save money. It's been so long since we were in an OV, we never stopped to think about the windows/portholes. We're midships, and from your wonderful pix we will enjoy the cabin and the windows. Of course, when you're spending 5 nights in Europe with 9 nights to come (in a balcony), what's not to enjoy?

Thanks again, Patricia

Well have you ever seen the movie Titanic?

You'll be in steerage.............becareful to be up on deck if you should hit an Iceberg. They will close those iron gates at the stair wells and you'll be stuck until they unlock the gates,,,,,, Other than that the cabins are just as nice as other cabins, except for having a balcony. Thank God its not like Cunard lines where you would most likely be in the third class dining room...

Well have you ever seen the movie Titanic?

You'll be in steerage.............becareful to be up on deck if you should hit an Iceberg. They will close those iron gates at the stair wells and you'll be stuck until they unlock the gates,,,,,, Other than that the cabins are just as nice as other cabins, except for having a balcony. Thank God its not like Cunard lines where you would most likely be in the third class dining room...

If we hit an iceberg in the western caribbean I'll have more problems than being in steerage :eek:

We stayed in 2 connecting OV cabins on deck 2 on the Navigator near the forward elevators. This should be the same on all Voyager class like Mariner. The windows were the big round ones and was plenty of light and view. My kids actually loved to look out at the sea. We liked it down there. No smells or noises except for when docking. It was very quiet and easy to get an elevator. It was awesome when getting on and off at port to avoid the crowds and elevators. Only minor issue is that Studio B blocks the middle of the deck so you can't walk through - you have to go up to deck 4 or 5 to cross over to aft. This was only an issue for dinner but we didn't mind it at all, and would rather walk through the Promenade then miles of room halls.

Here is a picture of our deck 3 cabin on Jewel.

P1010331.jpg?t=1296659604

Deck 2 OV cabins will be similar in size, but I understand they have a porthole rather than a window like this cabin. We thought this cabin was great. Note we put the coffee table in the closet to increase floor space (and protect shins during the inevitable night time trips to the bathroom).

For those of you who feel the need to stand on the bed and look out on the ocean. For others, you can get a much better view from the deck, at no addiitional cost.

For those of you who feel the need to stand on the bed and look out on the ocean. For others, you can get a much better view from the deck, at no addiitional cost.

Or you can have the bed split and not have to stand on it... at no additional cost.

Or you can have the bed split and not have to stand on it... at no additional cost.

And if you are undecided you can have just one bed moved, which will give you the opportunity to try it both ways - at no additional cost.

Archived