Tipping for Management Gifts

When we cruise, we often unexpectedly receive gifts (e.g., snacks, chocolate-covered strawberries) from RCI management. We didn't order these gifts, although we delighted to receive them. Should we tip the person who brings them? I feel as though we should, but we didn't order the gifts and they are delivered quickly and unexpectedly.

When we cruise, we often unexpectedly receive gifts (e.g., snacks, chocolate-covered strawberries) from RCI management. We didn't order these gifts, although we delighted to receive them. Should we tip the person who brings them? I feel as though we should, but we didn't order the gifts and they are delivered quickly and unexpectedly.

No. There is usually no one to tip. They just appear in your room. Sometimes they are carried in by your cabin attendant, sometimes by someone from room service.

Don't fret about this one. One thing less to worry about. :)

I was so shocked when a huge plate of chocolate covered strawberries that I didn't even get a chance to grab a tip, the server was gone quickly. Of course when he said room service, I was just back from dinner, and I looked at him like you must have the wrong cabin...he said right away what he had and it was a gift...I thanked him...then shared some with room steward who was also right there in the hallway.

Archived