Off Princess Cays into Eleuthera

Gypsyfeet

This will be our first Princess cruise. I have wanted to go to Eleuthera for many years and I just saw that their private island is on Eleuthera!

Beside the excursion thru the ship, can we get off Princess Cay and go to another part of the island? We would prefer to explore it independently!

Thanks for any advice.

Yes you can. Just walk away from the water nearone of the gift shops. Thete will be a fence with a gate. There will be security guards there so make sure you have your cruise card with you or they wontnlet you back in to Princess Cays when u come back from the other part of the island.

Yes you can. Just walk away from the water nearone of the gift shops. Thete will be a fence with a gate. There will be security guards there so make sure you have your cruise card with you or they wontnlet you back in to Princess Cays when u come back from the other part of the island.

Cruze610 is correct, you can get to Eleuthera through that fence, and see locals and some shops with stuff to buy. But there's really nothing beyond that to see unless you can arrange to get picked up there.

If you want to see it on satellite, go to Google Maps, and enter "Bannerman Town, The Bahamas". If you scroll down (South) a couple miles, you'll see two Princess ships moored in the harbor. And no civilization for miles and miles around.

• 8 months later...

Are there taxis?

Are there taxis?

You're better off staying inside the fenced area.

Things tend to mysteriously happen to tourists in a strange country.

Are you talking about Eleuthera or about strange counties in general?

I've been to Princess Cay several times and am not enthusiastic about staying inside the fenced area. But I've never been to Eleuthera. I'd like to arrange a dive trip, or at least get to see some of the country without signing up for the Princess excursion.

You're better off staying inside the fenced area.

Things tend to mysteriously happen to tourists in a strange country.

What mysterious things do you have personal experience with and in what "strange" country did you or someone you kow have these experiences?

• 2 weeks later...

The tour of Eleuthera mentions stopping at a school. Has anyone done this tour? I'm wondering about the feasibility of bringing school items to donate, if that would be allowed and even possible. I'm assuming the locals would be in need of such items.

Archived