Have any of you meet someone famous.

markarm1

Yes we met a known rapper on one cruise with friends who was cruising incognito. After the cruise in the summer we all got together for a week of fun.

I am not a rapper type person so we were all the odd couples. Different is good.

OK...I have to ask.....who was he?

The voice of Linus on the Charlie Brown cartoons is what he's most famous for. Then he's done a ton of modeling and commercials. You've probably seen him on billboards in the 70s and 80s.

Met former pres Jimmy Carter and his whloe family on a Disney cruise right after 9/11. Lots of secret service but very personable guy, even stopped by our table at the buffet to ask if we were getting enough to eat. lol.

Also Dennis Rodman getting off Space Mountain in Orlando.

Wasn't on a cruise, but I helped Marie Osmond with her Christmas shopping. The funny thing is...she wouldn't ever remember me (like she would anyway) because I was in a clown costume as it was Halloween and we all had dressed up for the holiday. I also saw Howard Cosell walking down the street in NY when I was a teenager...which was a LONG time ago. LOL :D

Not on a cruise But I almost ran down JfK Jr with a grocery cart at the store ( I used to live close tot he kennedy compound) Saw The batman airplane at the airport and was passed by Arnold Swazanager( sp) and driving a Hummer.

Also my Ex used to deliver Pizza and he deliver to JFK jr and his wife and they tip very well

Howie from Big Brother at a hotel near disnelyland a few years ago

Rob Mariano and Amber from Survivor right after she won and they got engaged..we saw them at the world series of poker watching people play in las vegas

Charles Barkley speaking in Las vegas

Melissa Gilbert airport LAX

Frankie avalon Ritz Carlton Palm Springs

howie.jpg.76d720d839cd75a89951d10456a80fb7.jpg

I met Jason lee and the guy that plays Ian hawke in the chipmunks movie. Also met Alvin :) they were shooting the third chipmunks movie on the Dream last week and I was on board. I ran into the producers a bunch of times in the spa as well.

wait! there's a 3rd Chipmunk movie? And part is set on a cruise ship? A carnival cruise ship???

I see myself moving up several levels of cool with my 6 year old. Now if i can only convince her the movie was done on OUR ship. The Pride and the dream are practically identical, right?

Years ago on the Norway, Jim Nabors was the entertainer. What a charmer he was, with

a wonderful voice. Never dreamed he was so good, and I wound up sitting with him on

the beach having drinks.....

On the lift in the Grosvenor Hotel on Park Ave in London, a fellow with a tall blonde woman

was pushing the buttons. He asked where he could drive us to, and we gave him our

floor. When we got off, he asked if he drove fast enough, and I told him he was the

fastest in the world. It dawned on us a couple of hours later it was Jackie Stewart,

the race car driver/TV commentator.

When we were on our Disney cruise they were filming an episode of the tv show According to Jim. It was kind of a pain because they would close decks and not let you walk through or be anywhere close when they were filming. Most of the cast and crew acted like they were entitled to have whatever they wanted even at the expense of other passengers. We weren't particularly happy about this because Disney cruises are expensive and I am sure they didn't pay the money we did....lol.

They did leave an autographed picture of the cast in every stateroom.

And Jim Belushi played with the band one night at a sail away party, which was very cool. He was the most down to earth one of the whole bunch:)

Wasn't on a cruise, but I helped Marie Osmond with her Christmas shopping. The funny thing is...she wouldn't ever remember me (like she would anyway) because I was in a clown costume as it was Halloween and we all had dressed up for the holiday. I also saw Howard Cosell walking down the street in NY when I was a teenager...which was a LONG time ago. LOL :D

I used to work with him. He loved to walk down the street, smoking one of his huge stinky cigars, just to hear people say, "Hey, look, it's Howard Cosell!"

Since this has gotten away from a cruise.....

Kirby Puckett....dont have anything nice to say about him, so i wont say anything...

Mike Cuellar pitcher from the Baltimore Orioles

Jack Billingham pitcher from Cincinatti Reds

Frank Viola pitcher from the Twins

James Best...Roscoe P Coltrain from Dukes of Hazzard

Weird Al Yankovic

Mike Matusow Poker player

Jack Youngblood from LA Rams. Has to be the most awesome and nicest of anyone i have met.

On our Dream cruise last February, Michael Winslow (voice of Police Academy and Spaceballs sound effects) was on board. He got quite a bit of attention from John and he did some great special affects things for a couple of John's shows. He also did the Legends show. I was Aretha and he was James Brown. It was fun to just hang out back stage with him. He is a very nice person.

On our Dream cruise last February, Michael Winslow (voice of Police Academy and Spaceballs sound effects) was on board. He got quite a bit of attention from John and he did some great special affects things for a couple of John's shows. He also did the Legends show. I was Aretha and he was James Brown. It was fun to just hang out back stage with him. He is a very nice person.

I was on the Dream that week and it was so good, he's a riot with all his sound effects.

The voice of Linus on the Charlie Brown cartoons is what he's most famous for. Then he's done a ton of modeling and commercials. You've probably seen him on billboards in the 70s and 80s.

Wasn't that Eric Shea's brother? And didn't he just die?

All I remember was Peter Robbins playing Charlie Brown, and when he was on the Munsters.

Im just thinking that most celebrities that i would want to actually meet and or see have enough money to get their own yacht :eek: I would love to see some sloppy reality star, if i was to lets say run into snookie on a cruise i wouldnt be mad :rolleyes:

Im just thinking that most celebrities that i would want to actually meet and or see have enough money to get their own yacht :eek: I would love to see some sloppy reality star, if i was to lets say run into snookie on a cruise i wouldnt be mad :rolleyes:

You would think, yet John Travolta takes RCCL.

Last Year on the Dream, John Heald was the CD and he had an audeince member come on Stage to sing during the "Welcome Aboard Show", The man did some impressions ond some sound effects...

John told him he should be on TV. He said he was...

It was Micheal Winslow from the "Police Academy" Movies.

2 Years ago, On the Freedom, Samantha Brown and the Travel Channel filmed onboard for the week. And the Cruise aired later that year.

never on a cruise, but I work in entertainment and I worked on "The Office" for a while, got to meet and have lunch with all the actors every day. when I left they all signed this huge poster and bought me a bottle of vodka for my 21st birthday! I'll take a picture and post it here. I also helped develop the show "Community" and I was there for the first table read so I met Chevy Chase and Joel McHale and all those guys. Also I was a member of the same gym as Zac Efron and I once turned my head doing situps on the mat and there he was doing them right next to me... almost fainted! I was also in a movie with Drew Barrymore and Juliette Lewis and Kristin Wiig.. got to hang out with them on the lighting crew's trailer for 2 hours after the shoot.. it was surreal!

Archived