Complimentary Wash and Fold Service

rdrseller

And the condition of your clothing?

Not real good. Picture (while you're picturing) your clothes all on one mesh bag in a large washer with a bunch of other mesh bags. Then dried until crispy well done and thrown in a bin to get REALLY wrinkled and then somewhat folded, wrinkles and all.

I'd never send my clothes but have sent some denim and my dh's underwear and swim trunks. Also, beware of fading clothing. Not yours necessarily, but others that they put them in with. Whites don't come back real white sometimes.

They do sometimes limit it. To use it every day would be absurd. Abusing the program might well result in permanent modification, if not elimination.

Well there are only two of us and I won't abuse...if it is offered ever day, the amount sent would be less. So I don't think it will be seen as abuse.

Not so good :D, I just send things like shorts and T's and jeans etc.

The wash is OK, but the Fold that's another story :rolleyes:

I wouldn't send any shirts of value, not unless your willing to loose weight over night :eek:

Not real good. Picture (while you're picturing) your clothes all on one mesh bag in a large washer with a bunch of other mesh bags. Then dried until crispy well done and thrown in a bin to get REALLY wrinkled and then somewhat folded, wrinkles and all.

I'd never send my clothes but have sent some denim and my dh's underwear and swim trunks. Also, beware of fading clothing. Not yours necessarily, but others that they put them in with. Whites don't come back real white sometimes.

That is what I am concerned with. By the way love your quote

They wash in hot water. I have only put in clothes that have been washed many times at home so there is little chance of shrinkage. I usually put in socks, underwear and shirts. Nothing delicate.

My mom said a shirt had shrunk but my clothes (in the same bag) came back fine. Also, our clothes didn't come back wrinkled. It depends on who has folding duty.

Make sure you put "Platinum" on the bag and on the laundry form. If you give the bag to your room steward in the morning, you should get it back by dinnertime.

For a 7+ day cruise, we will use the service once or twice.

Well there are only two of us and I won't abuse...if it is offered ever day, the amount sent would be less. So I don't think it will be seen as abuse.

Didn't mean to imply that you will, but some people do, including sending in laundry for friends, family, and others that aren't Platinum.

The bags aren't big to begin with, and the cabin steward has to make a special trip to drop the laundry off and also have to return it. I always tip extra.

There is no guaranty of same day service, and depending on the port, the laundry may be closed for environmental reasons, so plan ahead.

They generally do an ok job for me, but I wouldn't send anything too fine, sentimental, or irreplaceable. There is nothing in the cruise contract that I see about laundry, but there is almost certainly a limit on their liability. I usually send everything out; my girlfriend is a lot more selective.

I used the service once. Never again....

My Polo's came back so wrinkled.....they are not the same.

They ruined one nylon shirt. it used to be white, I now use it for painting....

I LOVE everything about Carnival, except their laundry service.:mad:

We have used it quite a bit and have never had any clothes ruined.. I tip my room steward for taking care of our laundry because we added up one bag we sent in on the Conquest and it would have cost me $42 for that one bag..Dennis

Had it for the first time last week. On the 6 day cruise we sent 3 bags. Got them back the next day each time. One pair of my short looked like wrinkles had been ironed into them :eek: but everything else was great.

I was definitely a welcomed perk. I LOVED being platinum for the first time.

Archived