Celebrity Toddler Time Program

jlrn366419

Has anyone had a child under 3 participate in the toddler time (under 3) program and left them there with staff? The Celebrity website says "Children participating in organized events must be fully potty trained; however, you can accompany your child to any organized activity if they're not. "

I know a lot of these programs are dependant on participation etc but I'd like to go on vacation when my son turns 2 and I'm pretty sure he will be day trained at minimum by then because he is almost 10 months and we have been putting him on the potty chair since 7 months and he uses it several times a day now. I'd hate to book a cruise on Celebrity then end up not being able to put him in the program. I'm not looking to unload him all day, just ~2 hours a day on sea days.

I believe that parents must stay with their children if you are asking about Toddler Time. They have to be at least three years old to be left in the club without a parent. From Celebrity's webpage:

Children must be 3 years old, toilet-trained and pull-up/diaper-free to enter youth program facilities and activities, unless accompanied by a parent.

The child must be 3 AND toilet trained to be dropped off in the Fun Factory. Toddler Time is something that involves the parents going with the child. Also, I don't think any Celebrity ships have pools or splash areas that allow kids who are not fully toilet trained and pull-up free.

Also, with toilet training, it's not just the child's ability to go when placed on the potty that defines when a child is considered trained. It's also about the child having the maturity to take the initiative and go to the toilet without being told to go or placed on the toilet. Another issue is the child's ability to communicate toileting needs. With a boy, I wouldn't assume toilet training at 3, much less 2. Not judging... maybe your child will be the exception.... but just MHO and personal experience as the mom of a boy and someone who is around lots of young kids.

If it's really important to you to have child care on the cruise, consider hiring a sitter in your stateroom (Celebrity offers this), or, choosing a cruise ship that has drop-off and pools for non-toilet trained and kids under 3.

Has anyone had a child under 3 participate in the toddler time (under 3) program and left them there with staff? The Celebrity website says "Children participating in organized events must be fully potty trained; however, you can accompany your child to any organized activity if they're not. "

I know a lot of these programs are dependant on participation etc but I'd like to go on vacation when my son turns 2 and I'm pretty sure he will be day trained at minimum by then because he is almost 10 months and we have been putting him on the potty chair since 7 months and he uses it several times a day now. I'd hate to book a cruise on Celebrity then end up not being able to put him in the program. I'm not looking to unload him all day, just ~2 hours a day on sea days.

You cannot leave your toddler there for toddler time. It's just a place you can bring your child and play. An adult must stay with the child. So no potty training necessary since it's not an organized activity.

You may be able to get a babysitter in your cabin but it's not guaranteed.

Just like the Royal Babies and Royal Tots program on Royal Caribbean, you have to stay with your child in the toddler's program on Celebrity. Celebrity does have in cabin sitting, but during the day it's difficult because the staff who does the sitting are busy with their jobs. You may be able to get a sitter, but don't count on it.

Archived