This is why we fly in a day early!

arf2005

Once we almost missed our flight because security screening was backed up and another time one of our bags fell off the belt in Memphis and missed our flight..It's much nicer to get there a day early and be rested and relaxed when we board...Dennis

lol DFW says some of the flights they cancelled are because of the winter weather ELSEWHERE, that the flights arent all cancelled because of our own weather.. they blame the other storms.

DFW has been in a "Ground Stop" for about an hour and expecting for another hour because of the "Flash Freeze". They could not pre-treat because of the rain and then it froze quickly. Like Fire said, not everything has been cancelled, just some. They are going to re-open.

This is why we fly in a day early!

We don't even have an inch of snow on the ground yet and our airport has cancelled most flights!

[ATTACH]182952[/ATTACH]

;)EXACTLY! Just for peace of mind! :)

In this situation, a couple days early might be in order. :rolleyes:

This is the hurricane equivilant season for airlines. Trouble here is, it is everyones responsibility to get to the ship. If it leaves, they will not give refunds because someone could not get there.

Not to hijack the thread but this is also why people drive great distances instead of flying in (plus saving $:D).

You should still drive in the day before if more then a few hours drive however.

That's why are driving to Mobile Saturday for our cruise on Monday. Plus DH wants to scope out a spot to watch the Superbowl ;)

Not to hijack the thread but this is also why people drive great distances instead of flying in (plus saving $:D).

You should still drive in the day before if more then a few hours drive however.

It is also why you chose your airports (especially connnecting flights) carefully and have backup plans. I always choose the connecting airport that is closest. If worse comes to worse, I will pay for a rental car to get me there.

It is also why you chose your airports (especially connnecting flights) carefully and have backup plans. I always choose the connecting airport that is closest. If worse comes to worse, I will pay for a rental car to get me there.

Chuck, that is a great idea. Will have to do that next cruise.

In February 2008 even flying in a day early would not of helped. I was at work looking at the weather and saw this massive storm coming. So we left two days early and when we boarded the ship 180 cabins had no shows. It all depends on the timing of the storm if it hits the day your flight departs it could be bad news.

lol DFW says some of the flights they cancelled are because of the winter weather ELSEWHERE, that the flights arent all cancelled because of our own weather.. they blame the other storms.

This is common. If a flight cannot take off from where it is sitting, it cannot arrive at the place they are headed for. Those expecting to board won't.....

This is especially true at the large "hub" airports like DFW, New York, Chicago and others.

The thing with storms, is you don't know when they're coming when you book your tickets. I'm thinking of a recent storm that came on a Friday, all the flights were cancelled, whereas the next day, the airports were working fine. The people that booked to fly out the same morning of the cruise (Saturday) made the ship, whereas people that did the "safer" thing nad booked to fly out the day earlier may have not been able to get on a flight that would get them there in time for the cruise. Because remember, if the flights are cancelled, there are going to be a lot more people trying to go to the same place the next day. The fact is, you just never know in the winter. Sometimes it might have paid off flying in early, sometimes not.

This is the hurricane equivilant season for airlines. Trouble here is, it is everyones responsibility to get to the ship. If it leaves, they will not give refunds because someone could not get there.

We were going to leave Friday to drive to Galveston, but now that they are saying both here in Dallas and in Houston we're supposed to have snow on Friday I think we'll go ahead and leave on Thursday.

It's a good thing it's the 1st of the year and I have all my vacation. This will just change up some things later in the year.

I don't think the ice and snow go much south of Corsicana, so we should be able to drive out of it pretty quickly........here on the east side of Dallas the sky is clear and hopefully the UV rays will help start to thaw the surface, even if the air temp is only going to be in the teens.

Archived