cruise directors and what do they do

pat&rick

The current cruise director on the Destiny is Brent Loyer but he will be replaced at the end of February by Kevin Noonan.

The cruise director is the head of the entertainment staff. He's responsible for activities being available and keeping spirits high. He's also responsible, of course, for encouraging the guest to spend their dollars. He's the face of Carnival on the ship.

The cruise director reports to the Hotel Manager.

:)

We did not go to the welcome aboard party, we just assumed the cruise director would be at all the other functions. Ouer last cruise was 3 years ago. On our first cruise, 25 years ago, the cruise director was everywhere and even welcomed many passengers back on board from the shore excursions. I guess times have changed?

They make announcements in the morning. The have a cheesey morning show on the TV. They don't do much past that. I couldn't name most of our CD's a day after we disembarked.

LOL.... IMHO they are like a used car salesman. Have met very few over the years that I can even remember their names.

I have been on at least 10 cruises in as many years and we used to have a lot of fun with our Cruise Directors. We just got back from the Carnival Legend and "Big Sexy" drove me crazy. Couldn't stand his humor and your are right we saw his assistants a heck of alot more than we saw him. The only excuse we could come up with is that Carnival is cutting back but yet adding more managment responsiblity on these people. Once again we the customers pay for their decisions.

We did not go to the welcome aboard party, we just assumed the cruise director would be at all the other functions. Ouer last cruise was 3 years ago. On our first cruise, 25 years ago, the cruise director was everywhere and even welcomed many passengers back on board from the shore excursions. I guess times have changed?

Depends on the cruise director. I've had some that were nonexistent. I've had some I wished would be nonexistent. Then, I've had some really good ones that added to my fun. Corey Schmidt (I believe he left) and Chris Jefferson (currently on Conquest) were both fun. I've heard great things about John Heald but I haven't been on one of his cruises yet.

Archived