Shops on the westy?

parisienneatheart

There's makeup and perfume ... not sure there are any good deals there.

There is a shop that has a wide variety of merchandise, from T-shirts and beach coverups to Christmas ornaments and a few kids' toys. That's where they put a lot of the costume jewelry sales too.

Across the way from that is more jewelry and watches.

And then there are the more high-end items in the shops nearby. Diamonds and such.

Sometimes there are sales up by the Lido pool - T-shirts, watch sets, etc.

Great deals on cigarettes-and depending on where you are from- decent deals on liquor (given to you at end of cruise.

Everything else, as my DW pointed out, was either very expensive or very (as in not well made) cheap.

After 30 cruises, all I can say is "Well Said".

One other comment. Be sure to buy clothing bigger because they will shrink even if they fit you on the ship. I had several items fit when I tried them on, brought them home, washed in cold water, hung to dry and they still shrunk. I complained to the proper person, had a few go arounds, sent pictures, etc. In the end, 6 mos. later, I got a full refund after sending back the items at my cost. I bought some other clothing items on my last trip and, bought them 2 sizes bigger and they fit just fine. Just a head's up.

We never found any of the prices in the the Westerdam stores very attractive...and that includes the duty free area. Same with other ships.

The trash and trinket section is the same as all others.

The better jewelry, in our opinion and experience, is over priced compared to stores at home. Cannot comment on the quality of the stones etc as we do not know enough about that so could only judge based on the claims of the salesperson (I know..danger).

Archived