Radiance of the Seas - photos

Twinkd

Wow! loved those photos. I'm sailing on the Radiance the end of the month. I know it's an older ship and I was kind of worried how it would look it. Thanks for sharing the pictures because everything looks new. Can't wait.

Wow! loved those photos. I'm sailing on the Radiance the end of the month. I know it's an older ship and I was kind of worried how it would look it. Thanks for sharing the pictures because everything looks new. Can't wait.

The ship is beautiful - having said that we had never cruised before but we thought she was awesome - everything we had hoped for. Are now planning our next cruise back on Radiance to Alaska!!:D

Radiance is 10 years old. Is this now considered to be an older ship? RCI you have spoiled your customers.

A cruise ship easily has a life span of 30 years. In terms of that, Radiance is a relative youngster.

Plus Royal Caribbean has always maintained its ships to last for a long time. That's why ships such as the Sovereign of the Seas are able to be transferred to the RCI subsidiary Pullmantur and keep sailing in good condition. Also why other smaller cruise lines have no trouble buying much older RCCL ships and keep operating them. For example the Nordic Prince which was one of the original three RCCL ships still operates as the MV Aquamarine 40 years after it was built.

Planning a cruise on Explorer for May 2011. After reading some of the posts here you might get the impression that you were getting

on a WWII troop ship or a tramp steamer just because it's 10 years old.

Archived