Canada/New England Sep-Oct 2012!!!

TomAndJane

If you look at websites like Best Price Cruises dot com, you will see that NCL now has it's schedules for Canada/New England for 2012 with The Gem doing 10 Day cruises to Quebec City and back and the Dawn leaving out of Boston doing 7 day North or 7 day South. These do not appear on the NCL website. Does anyone know when they will be released to the public?

We did the 10-night on the Jewel in 2009 and vowed to do it again. We especially loved the Quebec City day. The 2011 itineraries were more New England than Canada and weren't that interesting to us, so we booked a 7-day 2012 cruise on the Maasdam, which begins in Montreal and includes a day in Quebec City, Charlottetown, Sydney, Halifax, Bar Harbor and ends in Boston. Now THAT has some Canada in it. I'll be very interested in seeing the Gem itinerary to see whether it's intriguing enough to lure us back. :)

• 1 month later...

NCL has posted cruises for the missing weeks of Dawn along with some for Gem. Dawn will be doing 7 day Boston/Quebec City runs so a b2b gets you a roundtrip to the same port. Gem will be doing 10 day roundtrips to Quebec City (including an overnight there) from NYC. Gonna be a touch choice, I haven't sailed on either but Gem has a Great Outdoors and it has lotz of seadays, whereas Dawn has neither of those but does have lots of ports.

I have attached a pdf of a calendar I put together so I could understand when which ship was where (the 2 day hole in Gem's schedule is a 2 day trip to no-where from NYC) when.

Let the discussion begin!

NCL Canada Cruise.pdf

Hah, I posted earlier that I'd think of giving up my already-booked HAL CA/NE cruise when NCL posted their 10-day Gem cruises. We just this morning booked one, and now I have to call HAL (and change my ticker :D)!

Clay, very nice calendar.

Hellokitty, thanks for the Annapolis Valley suggestion.

So you think the Gem is the better trip? DDP wants to do the 14 day because of more ports, whereas I like the 10 day because Gem has a great outdoors and I like the number of sea days...it is vacation after all. I particularly like the one with a Saturday overnight in Quebec City.

So you think the Gem is the better trip? DDP wants to do the 14 day because of more ports, whereas I like the 10 day because Gem has a great outdoors and I like the number of sea days...it is vacation after all. I particularly like the one with a Saturday overnight in Quebec City.
We did a similar cruise last year on the Jewel, and we really wanted to spend some more time in Quebec City, so that was the pull for me. And the number of sea days is perfect. With travel from the West Coast, the 14-day cruise would just be too long (for us to be away from our dog). Plus, we prefer the layout of the Gem to the Dawn, and for us, the ship is almost as important as the cruise.

Have fun planning! Charlottetown is really pretty, if you choose that cruise.

Been looking for the ideal itin for our first time New England/Quebec cruise. Found it ;)

Itinerary Is on NCL site now, and have just booked 14day RT Boston. Great prices and only repeated port is Halifax..:D

Sue and Phil.

Great prices Sue and Phil.

Hmmm, I didn't find the price that "great"...well actually, I find it TOO GREAT:eek: The seven day in a balcony works out to more than what we paid for our 14 day in South America...of course we got that during a great January sale. Anyway, have trouble spending twice as much for the Boston roundtrip.

Did you book two seven days B2B or did you book the 14 day cruise? For some reason, booking it as a single cruise prices out more expensive and you don't get the Latitudes credit for two cruises. Seems like they ought to give you a break if you are doing the full roundtrip.

Hmmm, I didn't find the price that "great"...well actually, I find it TOO GREAT:eek: The seven day in a balcony works out to more than what we paid for our 14 day in South America...of course we got that during a great January sale. Anyway, have trouble spending twice as much for the Boston roundtrip.

Did you book two seven days B2B or did you book the 14 day cruise? For some reason, booking it as a single cruise prices out more expensive and you don't get the Latitudes credit for two cruises. Seems like they ought to give you a break if you are doing the full roundtrip.

hUH???

We work on what it costs per day... plus the taxes, grats etc,

14 days, top inside with incuded OBC , total a little more than $900 is good for us.. We are happy for you if you never have to worry about financial advantages of thinking about the fact that you did well.

At that price I agree with you that makes it a resonable deal. Would be better if it was that for a balcony. We are fine with insides when the deal is right, but given I am hopeful there will be scenery on this cruise and given by then the only places onboard to see it will be either the top deck or the promonade since the Observation Lounge will be gone, I feel like we would really need a balcony.

We did the 10-night on the Jewel in 2009 and vowed to do it again. We especially loved the Quebec City day. The 2011 itineraries were more New England than Canada and weren't that interesting to us, so we booked a 7-day 2012 cruise on the Maasdam, which begins in Montreal and includes a day in Quebec City, Charlottetown, Sydney, Halifax, Bar Harbor and ends in Boston. Now THAT has some Canada in it. I'll be very interested in seeing the Gem itinerary to see whether it's intriguing enough to lure us back. :)

I did the HAL cruise several years ago and love it. We rented a car in every port and it was very easy to navigate.

Here's a link to my photos of Halifax, Charlottetown, Quebec City, Sydney on our NCL Jewel cruise in October 2009.

We took a private excursion in Halifax that went to Peggy's Cove. In Charlottetown, we rented a car and tried to photograph as many lighthouses as we could find. In Quebec City, we just walked and walked and walked. In Sydney we did a private excursion by car along part of the Cabot Trail. We were told we were about two weeks too late for the true turning of the leaves (we left on October 10), but they were still glorious.

Here's a link to my photos of Halifax, Charlottetown, Quebec City, Sydney on our NCL Jewel cruise in October 2009.

We took a private excursion in Halifax that went to Peggy's Cove. In Charlottetown, we rented a car and tried to photograph as many lighthouses as we could find. In Quebec City, we just walked and walked and walked. In Sydney we did a private excursion by car along part of the Cabot Trail. We were told we were about two weeks too late for the true turning of the leaves (we left on October 10), but they were still glorious.

WOW !!

Beautiful pics.. Thank you .. Now only 18 months to go LOL.. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived