Live From the Decks of the Mercury The Final Two! 2/5/11 & 2/14/11

tuggers

Anne, I am so sorry! Hope he does well and follows doctor's orders! Hide the salt shaker!:)

You know that's what JoAn has, right? Well, of course, she also has the knees but the other is her primary diagnosis now.

I will email you tomorrow. Your email address is in my other room and I'm already in bed. Didn't sleep real well last night.

You will be in my prayers.

Omigosh, Anne. It was truly a treat and pleasure to be your friends and tablemates, and you and your husband will remain in our prayers.

Please keep us posted either through the boards or my email address.

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

Joe,What a coincidence!This is the same photo hanging on the wall on deck 5 with many other photographs of the Mercury and staff.

Just exactly where was this "special" photo taken?It must have been very warm and the deck cleared for what seems to be an identical photograph.It is very easy to use a camera to photograph a photograph!:rolleyes:

You're not implying anything '' improper '' done by Joe here, are you ??

???

:(

Is this like going to the photo gallery and taking pictures of you pictures:D

One can't even give a gift on these boards without someone trying to diminish it!

Pinot, if you saw an 8x10 picture of this on the wall, it could have very likely been the one I took. Ugo, the hotel director asked me for a copy as the original was for the captain, so I had the photo people print it up for him, and he could have put it up on the wall.

While I called this the "last crew", it wasn't taken during the last cruise, but in January. Since I figured only half of the entire crew was in the picture anyhow, it was close enough.

I have about 200 witnesses if you require. Not sure what your purpose was...

While I called this the "last crew", it wasn't taken during the last cruise, but in January. Since I figured only half of the entire crew was in the picture anyhow, it was close enough.

I know some of the crew; some were on in Jan, some were off. When in Jan was it taken? It's hard to see faces but I'll try harder if I know who to look for!

joe beach, please don't take this to heart.............i was called a moron parent on another board................we raised two wonderful sons, but since i stood up for a teenagers tee shirt.................as bob dylan said, you can't please all the people all the time.

loved the photo's, and very glad you shared them with us..........:)

tuggers- I so enjoyed reading your farwell to the Mercury, I still remember when she made her debut. Around that time I started cruising big ships . Back then Mercury was a BIG ship) I was a die hard RCI - fan by then- now I am more with X. I was surprised to read that Pearl Kaufman was an board the first leg of the farwell. She preformed twice when I was on Board Millenium and Solstice. She was just great, I even bought two CD´´s from her. Met her coincidently in Michaels Club, while I read my book and she practised on the piano. We had a nice chat and I thought her a very nice lady. I found her a little fragile when we sailed the Solstice.

Say hello to JoAn - she may not remember me, but do certanly remember her, she was organizing the the Cruise Critic meeting on that Alaska cruise which was shortend by one day.

Tuggers- how about a nice Maiden Voyage next time, also very special and not that sad. LOL.

Oh by the way I love your underletter- ( My life... some...) just great!

Greetings

Michael

Thanks, Michael! Pearl Kaufman actually stayed on for a while. I ran into her several times and she looked great. I really liked her, too.

I will be sure to tell JoAn. Believe me, if she's ever met you, she'll remember you! She has a much better memory that I do and she's got a year or two on me!:rolleyes:

The only problem is they only have maiden sailings on those beastly BIG ships!:D I do love my Century class ships!

Anne, how is the hubby??

Hi Gail,

Hubby is finally getting adjusted to the meds. What a trial that has been. The diet requires me to do a lot more cooking than I have done in the past, but it's not a big deal in the great scheme of things. Just like to keep him around for as long as I can. He has been out with me running errands and is longing to go back to work. So, things are looking up.

Thanks for asking.

Anne :)

Tuggers, yes thanks tell JoAn hello from me. Hehe. I know what you mean with these bigger ships, I am also more into the Millenium Class of ships. Solstice is a beauty, really worth a try. What never goes for me is the new behemoths RCI did. I was on board Voyager when she came out and did not like it. To dark, to much rooms inside without a view at all. What I heard and saw, is that Oasis is worse. All Spec. Restaurants are inside. Can you imagine that....! Awefull. So I am considering a Maiden with the Reflection next year. Can´t do it on Silo, so for this year I look foreward to a Conni sailing out of Istanbul. Seems the older I get the more I begin to hate those long distance flights, with all the fuss going on before boarding. So I look foreward for a new " Live from the decks..." from you.

Greetings

Michael

Thanks, Michael! Pearl Kaufman actually stayed on for a while. I ran into her several times and she looked great. I really liked her, too.

I will be sure to tell JoAn. Believe me, if she's ever met you, she'll remember you! She has a much better memory that I do and she's got a year or two on me!:rolleyes:

The only problem is they only have maiden sailings on those beastly BIG ships!:D I do love my Century class ships!

Tuggers

Did you see these Germans on the last cruise?

Tuggers

Did you see these Germans on the last cruise?

I did see the interview guy being videoed in front of the officers and staff pics. What made me notice, was that I heard someone say das ist schlect (sp? ) which means, I think, cheap in English so I turned to look. I do not know what he was referring to, but there was nothing in the area that I would have called cheap. I found it really annoying. :( :(

I want her back!!!!!

Anne :)

Derf, thanks for the translation!! I think I'd like to take lots of Fahrts der Mercury -- or any other ship, for that matter!!!! LOL!

Don't thank me thank "BabelFish"

Anyone know where that reference comes from?

Archived