FOS cabins under whirlpools?

Nikk723

We were on the Liberty in cabin 1556 we were two away from the center of the whirlpool so we did not get the shade. I will say our cabin was REALLY noisy because of the chairs being moved in the Solarium in the early hours (4-5AM every morning) by the workers cleaning. Also, you would hear them all day long when someone moved them.

We've been directly under the whirlpools on Independence - some of the grand suites are located directly underneath and yes, they are pretty much in constant shadow because of it. If you're interested in a GS then the ones under the whirlpools are best avoided.

That said, this was a free upgrade for us, and on a relatively cloudy trip to Cork, so we didn't grumble :D

I had a GS at the edge of just under the "giant UFO" and my sister had the one directly under it on the Freedom.

Did not notice noise from the whirlpool, and was quiet most of the time during the day, though as previous posters have said....sun exposure is limited. The noise indeed comes at night.

The bad thing for me being a light sleeper was the chairs being dragged over the deck above us in the wee hours. Actually went up to the deck to see what was making the noise and was surprised the crew did not simply pick up the chairs and roll them on a rack. They were making no effort to keep the noise level down. Will never stay in one of those again. From now on when I book a cabin I look at what is directly above us to make my decision.

Island Lady,

Would you happen to remember what # cabin your sister was in on the Freedom? Thanks so much!

Sorry about that...but I don't remember the cabin number...but if you look at the deck layout you should be pretty close. There are only 4 GS cabins that are under the "UFO" above us. Two directly under, and two just to both sides on the edges. All 4 have those odd diffused glass balcony screens.

• 1 year later...
The cabins under the whirlpool are 1560,1564, 1568, 1260, 1264, 1268.

When I overlay the deck 11 over deck 10 plans, it looks like the whirlpools are more forward, so would include 1556 and 1256, but be clear of 1564 and 1264...is this just a not to scale comaprison/accurate when overlaying the deck plan ?:confused:

D

we were in cabin 1268 which was next to the one directly under the whirlpool.

half of our balcony was shaded most of the time...but it was large enough for us to enjoy the half in the sun! We did hear the chairs being moved occasionally but not enough to bother us.

...any cabin at sea is better than the best day at work! Enjoy your cruise!

Island Lady,

Would you happen to remember what # cabin your sister was in on the Freedom? Thanks so much!

I found my old sea pass card. I was in 1260, and my sister was in 1264. She was directly under the whirlpool, and I was

just off to the forward side of it. Indeed did have shade from it, but it was the chair draggers in the wee hours that was the problem for me.

My sister will not book any other cabin than the one directly under the whirlpool. She has sailed 3 times on Freedom, twice in 1264 and once in 1564. Both directly under the whirlpool and both GS.

The balcony is a bit bigger because of the small hump under the whirlpool and she likes being able to sit in the shade. I booked the balcony cabin inder and one cabin forward from her in December and there was shade part of the time.

She has never complained about noise.

We did not want to be anywhere near the whirlpool, as we like to see more of the sky! We were in 1278 on Liberty, and did not hear any noise from chairs above. I think it was a great location, but in between both elevator banks, so a bit of a walk.

Archived