Captain Circle Spg Qtr Rui

donna5

Head Waiter Rui from Portugal is still on the Ruby. We last saw him there in October 2010 and at that time he (and all of Matre d' Generoso's team)was still planning on being on the Ruby for the foreseeable future (at least until the new ships come out in 2012 and 2013); vacations excepted, of course. Rui usually takes vacation in the fall, around the time of the Transatlantic crossing after the Ruby has finished its Mediterranean cruises and heads back to the Caribbean.

Hope that helps. He's a wonderful man, and has become a good friend.

Head Waiter Rui from Portugal is still on the Ruby. We last saw him there in October 2010 and at that time he (and all of Matre d' Generoso's team)was still planning on being on the Ruby for the foreseeable future (at least until the new ships come out in 2012 and 2013); vacations excepted, of course. Rui usually takes vacation in the fall, around the time of the Transatlantic crossing after the Ruby has finished its Mediterranean cruises and heads back to the Caribbean.

Hope that helps. He's a wonderful man, and has become a good friend.

Is this Rui Santos?

If you go to page 4 of the Captains Circle Spring Qtrly that should have turned up in your e-mails this week the story is about Maitre d’ Rui Pereira and has his picture with the article.

http://content.princess.com/princess/images/2765/Spring2011CCQ.pdf

He was the Maitr'd on the Tahitian in early 2000's when Princess started the Tahiti cruises.

So look at this picture and instead of playing "where's Waldo" we can play where's Rui.

He was the first Maitr'd that seemed to be really relaxed and not stuffy.

While I'm at it has anyone seen Nathan (Nathaniel) Headwaiter from the phillipines. I know he use to be on the Dawn Princess, he loved being on that ship but since it moved not sure where he is.

I hate to pick nits, but I think you meant to say ...

Rui Salmonete, Head Waiter ... Ruby Princess. ;)

No, I meant my good friend Rui Pereira, Head Waiter on the Ruby. He is part of the Generoso, Godwin & Rui triangle. :)

I was on CP in October and asked the Maitre'D about Rui Periera. Rui was Maitre D' on the old Sky Princess which was my first Princess sailing. He was very gracious to our family table of 8. I was informed that he's Maitre D' on the Sun Princess. I've put the Aus/AZ itineraries on my bucket list and hope to see him again.

Is that you Pia? Trivia captain extrodinaire? From the Coral through the Canal.. Haven't heard from you for a while. Hope all is well with you!

All's well. :D But please remind me who you are, because we did two Coral thru the canal cruises in 2009. Are you M.G.?

No, I meant my good friend Rui Pereira, Head Waiter on the Ruby. He is part of the Generoso, Godwin & Rui triangle. :)

Yes, we're talking about the same Rui (on the Ruby; part of Generoso's team), but you identified both men as Rui Pereira. Plus, the business card he gave me a couple years ago says Salmonete. Don't mean to harp on such a small thing, but it seems there's a lot of confusion about our Ruis, and I was hoping to help clear it up rather than add to it. Seems the consensus is that Rui Pereira is Maitre d' on the Diamond, and "the other Rui" (let's call him) is Head Waiter on the Ruby.

No; Rui Salmonete.

Thank you.

We had a fantastic waiter for several cruises on Grand, when it first

entered service.

Rui (Santos) -- also from Portugal. Also took the fall off, as he grew grapes

at home and made wine. I was just wondering if he was promoted...

I wonder if he as retired by now.

Best memory of Rui -- on 12/31/1999, Mike Moulin gave everyone

deck privileges after midnight. I have a great picture of Rui on the

pool deck, with his friends.

Yes, we're talking about the same Rui (on the Ruby; part of Generoso's team), but you identified both men as Rui Pereira. Plus, the business card he gave me a couple years ago says Salmonete. Don't mean to harp on such a small thing, but it seems there's a lot of confusion about our Ruis, and I was hoping to help clear it up rather than add to it. Seems the consensus is that Rui Pereira is Maitre d' on the Diamond, and "the other Rui" (let's call him) is Head Waiter on the Ruby.

I just received an email from the "the other Rui". His full name is Rui Pereira Salmonete. I stand corrected. :)

I just received an email from the "the other Rui". His full name is Rui Pereira Salmonete. I stand corrected. :)

LOL! Well THAT certainly explains it!!! I need to email him, myself. We haven't spoken, sadly, since our cruise last October. It's sad to think, as of April, we will have had 2 cruises in a row without Rui (or Godwin or Generoso or our beloved Kayan). Need to look at what the Ruby's doing.

And since we were discussing him, here's a picture of us with Rui and Kayan in October. I miss them both.

IMG_0098psc_1.jpg

And here's Sous Chef Giovanni Vigio. He and Rui have made us some of the most amazing meals on our cruises with them!

IMG_0095c_1.jpg

Archived