Platinum & Never Been to the Spa

USA41018

In 2 weeks I will be cruising with Carnival for the 16th time. Never been to the Spa. I know there are charges for massages, and other spa treatments but I was wondering about the usage of showers, hot tubs, saunas, steam rooms, etc. Is there a charge for these. I will be cruising in the same cabin as my daughter and 2 granddaughters (ages 14 and 8). I'm afraid showers in our cabin will be at a premium. Also I may need some personal time to relax and get away LOL I can't believe it myself that I have no idea of what the spa is like.

The freedom has an awesome hot tub located in the gym/spa area. The water is amazing relaxing and a lot warmer then whats in the tubs out by the pool deck.

Whats great about these--hardly anyone knows they are there. No kids allowed. and I was the only one in there any time I used it all week.

Wet spa = steam room

Dry spa = saunas.

Almost everything is free - you pay for treatments and special classes, but you don't have to pay to use the facilities to exercise, shower, relax in sauna or steam room or use the spa tub if you are lucky enough to be on the few ships that have one.

An exception to this rule seems to be Splendor and the Dream class - which sells spa passes - they have extra areas to use for a fee - the spa is one of my favorite spots on sea days - love to hit the sauna and watch the sea go by.

In 2 weeks I will be cruising with Carnival for the 16th time. Never been to the Spa. I know there are charges for massages, and other spa treatments but I was wondering about the usage of showers, hot tubs, saunas, steam rooms, etc. Is there a charge for these. I will be cruising in the same cabin as my daughter and 2 granddaughters (ages 14 and 8). I'm afraid showers in our cabin will be at a premium. Also I may need some personal time to relax and get away LOL I can't believe it myself that I have no idea of what the spa is like.

51 cruises and I've had one massage on a cruise ship. Not very well done and way overpriced. But I have often used the showers. They are large and don't have 'amorous' curtains.:eek::D

I loved showering in the Cloud 9 spa on the Dream. To use those facilities, you had to have a spa pass, but they had showers in the regular locker room as well that were free to use. But the ones in the spa access area were so much nicer, especially those shower heads that came out from the walls and would shoot at you from the sides. Mmmm, it was heaven.

I've never been to the spa, either... I've looked into booking a couples massage several times, but I never could justify the price. Maybe I'll try the hot tub on my upcoming Triumph cruise!

Cheers!

Taters

The hot tub in the spa area can be the best on the ship sometimes. On the Legend, it was quiet, relaxing, and had a nice view. Have fun!

some of those hot tubs on some ships were taken out --replaced by an aerobic room

So much information, thanks. I'm sure there are other cruisers that want to share their spa experiences. I am definitely checking the spa out in 2 weeks. I will be on the Triumph this month and the Freedom next month. Any recommendations for these 2 ships.

I doubt I'd use any of the pay services, but almost always use the steam room & sauna. Feels so good to sweat out the poisons, LOL. Have also used the showers a couple times; some ships have a nice, relaxing, vapor-type room, or hot tub. It's always been a pleasant experience.

with all respect-

I don't get how you can do that many Carnival cruises and never investigate the spa/gym area.

I guess its like the New Yorker who has never been to a Broadway play.

The whirlpool is very nice and kids don't seem to use it (on the Pride anyway). No charge.

To those that have been on the Dream, what is the cost of the spa pass and how may hot tubs are in the spa area?

It's $149 for a week long pass for a single, or $250 if you buy a couples pass. There isn't a traditional hot tub, what they have instead is a thassolotherapy pool, or whatever it's called. Basically, the water is hotter than you find on the ship's hot tubs (but not hot hot), and it has minerals in it that are supposed to reduce inflammation and promote healing. It also has a bench that you lay back on, and the jet streams shoot at you. It feels really nice. And then you get to use the saunas and steam rooms, the lavender steam room and the dry sauna with the heated tile loungers were my favorite.

If you go to the Serenity area, they have adult only hot tubs up there as well, and you don't need a spa pass to use that.

with all respect-

I don't get how you can do that many Carnival cruises and never investigate the spa/gym area.

I guess its like the New Yorker who has never been to a Broadway play.

The whirlpool is very nice and kids don't seem to use it (on the Pride anyway). No charge.

Speaking for myself, my priorities were probably to find a DOD, food and music ;) I've walked through the Spa area and gym upon embarking and finding my way around the ships, but never stopped to investigate :D

I have been on 16 Carnival cruises and never tried the spa. It just doesn't appeal to me. I did get a manicure once but I thought it was overpriced and not as good on the ones at home. I do use the gym and the hot tub if there is one. I have also used the showers if my cabin is close enough. They are amazing. The only way I can afford to cruise often is to keep some expenses down. So no spa, photos, and we also don't buy too many drinks. That being said we always have a great time and don't feel we are missing anything.

Archived