Beach Towels

watermusic101

NO. Your room steward will just leave them in your room on port days. Return them and you don't need to worry. You'll have them replaced with fresh ones on the next stop. Leave them behind somewhere and you'll pay.

It's been a while since we were last on Celebrity, but we are going on the Millennium in April and I was wondering if you have to leave your sea pass for a deposit and sign out the Beach towels like on RCCL. Thanks for any responses.

If at the pool, you just grab a towel. If you are debarking the ship for a beach, they take down your cabin number.

If at the pool, you just grab a towel. If you are debarking the ship for a beach, they take down your cabin number.

This is confusing to me. :confused:The pool towels aren't the big yellow beach towels put in your rooms. And you don't give your room number for these.

This is confusing to me. :confused:The pool towels aren't the big yellow beach towels put in your rooms. And you don't give your room number for these.

Sorry if my post was confusing.

The pool towels are located near the pool, and you do not have to sign them out.

On Constellation, the towels that used to be in the room are now near the exit of the ship as you are going ashore. And, you sign those out when leaving the ship.

On Constellation, the towels that used to be in the room are now near the exit of the ship as you are going ashore. And, you sign those out when leaving the ship.

We have not run into this "hand out"/sign out policy on any of our Celebrity cruises in the last 5+ years. hmmmm

...The pool towels are located near the pool, and you do not have to sign them out.

Too bad they had to go to that. I always appreciated that Celebrity treated us like adults and guests by not requiring the ridiculous sign-in/out procedures that the other lines we've been on had.

Was it much of a line to check them in and out? What sort of check in procedure was there - did you have to stand in line when boarding the ship to turn them in, dump them in a hamper by the gangway, or just leave them in your stateroom?

Last week on the Summit our room steward left us to yellow pool towels that we took with us each day to the beach. No sign out when we left the ship. The pool towels are also available at the pool and no check out there either.

Hi!

We were on the Mercury Oct. 1-18, 2010. Our room steward put the beach towels in our cabin each night at turn down, for the next day's port call. We brought them back to our cabin when we returned & he replaced them each time for use at the next stop. Hope this helps! (Unless the policy has changed since Oct.) Enjoy your cruise!

Annie:)

Too bad they had to go to that. I always appreciated that Celebrity treated us like adults and guests by not requiring the ridiculous sign-in/out procedures that the other lines we've been on had.

Larry,

Apparently, they haven't gone to that procedure on all the ships. But, it was in place on Constellation on our Christmas/New Year's cruise we got off of January 2nd.

The check out and turn in of the towels was very convenient, and didn't take much time. :)

Larry,

Apparently, they haven't gone to that procedure on all the ships. But, it was in place on Constellation on our Christmas/New Year's cruise we got off of January 2nd.

The check out and turn in of the towels was very convenient, and didn't take much time. :)

I wonder if on the particular holiday sailing if the laundry did not have the towels laundered in time to be place in the rooms that evening? Or did this happen at every port? Maybe they didn't have enough o board for the full ship and tried to ration them?

Honestly, we have never come across this and were just off the Equinox on the 28th.

Just got off the Eclipse- the beige towels were left in our cabin the night before a port for us to take off with and the blue pool towels were plentiful at the pool. the beach towels were very nice quality and served our needs well in St. Marteen - only port we went to the beach at.

Archived