shows for early diners?

Hi folks.

My lady and I will be cruising on Serenade next month...we'll be doing My Time Dining during the week but will dine at Chops at least once. If we want to catch the evening show or a movie, what time should we reserve at Chops? Is 6:30 okay or is 6:00 advisable? Are the evening shows scheduled at 8 pm or closer to 9?

Thanks everyone in advance. :)

Hi folks.

My lady and I will be cruising on Serenade next month...we'll be doing My Time Dining during the week but will dine at Chops at least once during the week. If we want to catch the evening show, what time should be reserve at Chops? How's 6pm? Is 6:30 advisable? Are the evening shows scheduled at 8 pm or closer to 9?

Thanks everyone in advance.

Except for the first night, there are usually two presentations of each show: one timed for main seating and one for second seating.

The maitre d' at Chops will be able to help you schedule the best time.

Except for the first night, there are usually two presentations of each show: one timed for main seating and one for second seating.

The maitre d' at Chops will be able to help you schedule the best time.

Thanks, I realize there is a show for early and late seating. I want to reserve our place at Chops on line in advance since it will be for our anniversary, so I won't have an opportunity to talk to a maitre d'.

Our Compasses from our '08 Serenade cruise show the early seating shows at 9PM, so unless they've changed things since I think I'll be okay for 6:30.

Thanks again. :)

If you pick a time closest to the main seating time, you'll be ok. Chops can take longer than the regular dining room, unless you 'hurry' them along.....they seem to drag it out a bit..... (and, the portions are HUGE, so it may take longer to eat it all!)

We were on Serenade in December, and the main production show for main (early) seating diners was 9:00 all nights except the first night (one show at 10:30, makes sense with the 8:30 departure), and the last night, which was one show at 7:45.

The compasses are linked in my signature, if you are interested.

We loved Serenade!

Sue, absolutely fantastic. Great photos, and thank you so much for posting the Compasses. Since we're coming back from Princess for our last two cruises, and got used to seeing a movie in the evening, we'll try to see a movie, though it will be a challenge since the movies are at 7. It may be easier for us to eat leasurly, check out the piano bar for a bit, then go to the theater show. I'm happy that the Seaview is open late for snacks. I thought I was going to have to miss out on my late night snack on this cruise.

Thanks again!! :)

Archived