Vip Check-In - Can You Take Your Friends?

Calgary3

Put on your fireproof suit and prepare for the bashing to begin, lol, but the answer is probably not. You may get an agent that allows it, but chances are that you will have to separate. If you get to the port early enough, they won't be far behind you anyway - you can board and grab some choice seats on the Lido deck while you wait for them. If you arrive later, depending on lines, you may end up walking on together, although you'll do check in two different places.

If you have an ES Extended Balcony Suite on Ecstacy - can two other couples go through VIP with you? Thanks for the help.

Usually those who are not Platinum or booked in a suite cannot check in at the VIP area, because their sail and sign cards will not be at the VIP check in counter--they will be at the regular check in counter.

If you have an ES Extended Balcony Suite on Ecstacy - can two other couples go through VIP with you? Thanks for the help.

The real answer is no you aren't. Will they let you? Depends on the port, the agent you get, and also the people waiting. If you have alot someone may realize that all these people can't be platium or have suites and complain. I did that last year in VIP, my name was taken and I was asked to sit. I was suprized I had always boarded right away. I did the math and I realized most of the people were not VIP complained and they took me next, someone else complained and they started to clear out the non VIP's.

Good Luck though, many times there will be nobody on line and you get through with no issues.

Thanks for your help. We won't be getting to the ship until around 2:00 pm so hopefully none of the lines will be too long.

First cruises for two of the couples - they are very excited and of course, so are we.

Betty

An extended balcony isnt a suite .. I guess you are sure you have a suite right??

The answer is if they are in your cabin, they get the same VIP boarding. If they are adults in other cabins, depends on how busy they are and whoever is making the decisions .. Iv seen yes and no.

ES is your rate right ?? sorry if Im a little confused by your info. Make sure its not a aft extended balcony and actually a suite?

Thanks for your help. We won't be getting to the ship until around 2:00 pm so hopefully none of the lines will be too long.

First cruises for two of the couples - they are very excited and of course, so are we.

Betty

2 pm its not going to matter anyway .. the place will be deserted or almost compared to the mob in the morning. The VIP wouldnt make a bit of difference that late in the day to anyone.

An ES suite is better than a GS suite which is what we have for Ecstasy- they are on the Upper deck in the middle. We have the same situation, as we are traveling with son and wife, and they are in an Ocean View. Don't necessarily want to rub in the fact that we get VIP boarding, but their legs are a lot younger:rolleyes: and we're going to do things according to the rules. Congrats on the ES! Only thing nicer that I know of, is the Owner's Suites. We were offered one for an extra $2500:eek: the other day.

At the moment all three couples have an aft extended balcony room. My husband and I are thinking about upgrading to the Grand Suite with the Extended Balcony. That is the reason I was inquiring. From your replies, I don't think we even need to give the VIP check-in a second thought - since the lines will probably all be very short anyway.

And even if the lines are long - we will follow the rules.

Betty

An ES suite is better than a GS suite which is what we have for Ecstasy- they are on the Upper deck in the middle. We have the same situation, as we are traveling with son and wife, and they are in an Ocean View. Don't necessarily want to rub in the fact that we get VIP boarding, but their legs are a lot younger:rolleyes: and we're going to do things according to the rules. Congrats on the ES! Only thing nicer that I know of, is the Owner's Suites. We were offered one for an extra $2500:eek: the other day.

What is an ES suite? and where is it?

I thought the Ecstasy only had OS and GS.

The aft extended balcony isn't a suite .... is it?

At the moment all three couples have an aft extended balcony room. My husband and I are thinking about upgrading to the Grand Suite with the Extended Balcony. That is the reason I was inquiring. From your replies, I don't think we even need to give the VIP check-in a second thought - since the lines will probably all be very short anyway.

And even if the lines are long - we will follow the rules.

Betty

I sure wouldnt upgrade just for the VIP boarding. I think you will enjoy being closer to your friends cabins. It just more convenient for meeting for breakfast or whatever that you dont have a long walk to meet.

Most people want to board to eat lunch in the buffet, so lunch time is when everyone is there. After that its a ghost town. I did one very late boarding and there was just me and another couple checking in and at least 12 agents in their area to do check in... more agents than people trying to check in.

What is an ES suite? and where is it?

I thought the Ecstasy only had OS and GS.

The aft extended balcony isn't a suite .... is it?

An ES suite and a GS suite are both on the Upper deck. Not sure how one could be better than the other.

Category GS - Penthouse Suite

Decks: Upper Deck

Occupancy: Sleeps 3 guests, some sleep 4

dot_clear.gif

Description: Penthouse Suites have their own private verandah, king-sized bed, walk-in closet, private bathroom with whirlpool tub and shower, and a grand living room with desk, vanity, drawer space, and sofa bed. Suites are equipped with thermostat controlled air-conditioning, refrigerator and mini bar, television, telephone, and personal safe.

Some suites are equipped with a double sofa bed to accomodate a fourth guest.

Category ES - Ecstasy Suite

Occupancy: Sleeps 4 guests

dot_clear.gif

Description: Ecstasy Suites have their own private verandah, king-sized bed, walk-in closet, private bathroom with whirlpool tub and shower, and a grand living room with desk, vanity, drawer space, and double sofa bed. Suites are equipped with thermostat controlled air-conditioning, refrigerator and mini bar, television, telephone, and personal safe.

dot_clear.gif

Square Footage: 330 sq ft

Balcony Square Footage: 70 sq ft

An ES suite and a GS suite are both on the Upper deck. Not sure how one could be better than the other.

Category GS - Penthouse Suite

Occupancy: Sleeps 3 guests, some sleep 4

dot_clear.gif

Description: Penthouse Suites have their own private verandah, king-sized bed, walk-in closet, private bathroom with whirlpool tub and shower, and a grand living room with desk, vanity, drawer space, and sofa bed. Suites are equipped with thermostat controlled air-conditioning, refrigerator and mini bar, television, telephone, and personal safe.

Some suites are equipped with a double sofa bed to accomodate a fourth guest.

Category ES - Ecstasy Suite

Occupancy: Sleeps 4 guests

dot_clear.gif

Description: Ecstasy Suites have their own private verandah, king-sized bed, walk-in closet, private bathroom with whirlpool tub and shower, and a grand living room with desk, vanity, drawer space, and double sofa bed. Suites are equipped with thermostat controlled air-conditioning, refrigerator and mini bar, television, telephone, and personal safe.

dot_clear.gif

Square Footage: 330 sq ft

Balcony Square Footage: 70 sq ft

It looks like the ES have a bigger balcony.

I was getting confused.

I thought someone was saying the aft balcony was an ES.:confused:

No, they won't be able to unless they are all on YOUR Sign and Sail card or sharing your cabin.

Only VIP's documents are located at the VIP checkin. The reps who work the lounge have no way of rounding up the documents from the main checkin area for others.

When I go with non-VIP, I check in with them...forgoing the lounge..I always arrive early and am there when the doors open, being among the first to check in anyway....won't be a long wait if you all arrive early and check in together..

Heres what I have done in the past:

My wife and I were traveling with a few other people on Destiny last year out of Miami. We are VIP (both Platinum), but the rest were not.

We went through the regular security line (there is a VIP security line in Miami now). Then she and I went to the VIP lounge since that is where our cards were. The rest of them checked in at the regular desk.

After that, they started letting VIP and suite guests on. My wife and I had the rest of our group meet us my the escalators. We politely asked the attendant if the others (three other couples) could go with us onto the ship. She was super nice, and agreed so that we all could board together.

Had she not agreed, we would have just waited with them until their zone # was called.

The moral of the story is that it doesn't hurt to ask, just be prepared to accept if they say no. Your mileage may vary, hope you have a nice cruise! :)

Just to clarify the difference between an ES and GS. I said the ES is better because the balcony is extended out. This was done in the retrofit a few years ago. The cabins (interiors) are essentially the same. We are in a GS right next to an ES, which means that our view (looking out right) is limited by our neighbor's balcony wall. Since we are starboard though, it will not impede the forward view. BTW, those aft cabins are really nice. We had an aft wrap on the Conquest with a huge balcony. The differences are in the way the interiors of the rooms are outfitted- for example, the aft wrap had a standard shower bathroom, and the suite has a tub... our aft had a chair, suite has a sofa, etc.

Okay. I read all the posts and am still confused. My friend and I are in a suite. Her 19 year old and my 19 year old are in an inside cabin across the hall. Should we check in at VIP first and then go through the other line with them or vice versa? They are on our sail and sign cards. Thanks for any help!!

Karin

Okay. I read all the posts and am still confused. My friend and I are in a suite. Her 19 year old and my 19 year old are in an inside cabin across the hall. Should we check in at VIP first and then go through the other line with them or vice versa? They are on our sail and sign cards. Thanks for any help!!

Karin

If they are on your S&S account they can go with you through VIP! :D

Archived