Silversea Singapore to HongKong

kpercy

Good evening,

I highly recommend the St Regis Singapore. The hotel went above and beyond our expectations. The rooms are gorgeous. Well appointed and elegantly decorated. Hotel was recommended to us by Wripro (Henry). Thanks Henry.

We booked a regular room and were upgraded to a corner suite. Wait till you see the bathrooms.

If you want more information, let me know.

ScottToronto

PS. If you are looking for recommendations in HK, I loved the Four Seasons......Absolutely amazing. It's not close to the port but not far by cab. The airport pick up was outstanding. They actually meet you at the plane and take you through customs, baggage and drop you off at the limo. The limo happened to have chilled towels and ice water waiting for us. Ultimate in guest service.

Does anyone know where the ship docks in these two cities. Can anyone recommend a good hotel in Singapore close by.

Thanks

When we embarked the Shadow in October we were not at the convenient Ocean Terminal in Kowloon. Rather she was docked at some obscure place on Hong Kong Island - the container port of Kwai Chung.

As for hotels in each city: we loved both the Four Seasons in Singapore and the Intercontinental in Kowloon(beautiful view there of the harbour)

Good evening,

I highly recommend the St Regis Singapore. The hotel went above and beyond our expectations. The rooms are gorgeous. Well appointed and elegantly decorated. Hotel was recommended to us by Wripro (Henry). Thanks Henry.

We booked a regular room and were upgraded to a corner suite. Wait till you see the bathrooms.

If you want more information, let me know.

ScottToronto

PS. If you are looking for recommendations in HK, I loved the Four Seasons......Absolutely amazing. It's not close to the port but not far by cab. The airport pick up was outstanding. They actually meet you at the plane and take you through customs, baggage and drop you off at the limo. The limo happened to have chilled towels and ice water waiting for us. Ultimate in guest service.

Scott,

Your post has gotten me very excited about our upcoming stay at the St Regis for a couple days before we leave on the Sprirt (singapore-dubai). We booked at St Regis suite since it is our honeymoon. My only regret is that we won't be staying longer....I'll have to let you know how it is when we get back. But judging from the reviews here and on trip advisor it will be fantastic.

• 3 weeks later...
Scott,

Your post has gotten me very excited about our upcoming stay at the St Regis for a couple days before we leave on the Sprirt (singapore-dubai). We booked at St Regis suite since it is our honeymoon. My only regret is that we won't be staying longer....I'll have to let you know how it is when we get back. But judging from the reviews here and on trip advisor it will be fantastic.

It will be - it's an awesome hotel! If you are looking for some similarly awesome dining recommendations, please ask, we have a few places here we love.

We would welcome any suggestions for dining. Currently we will be playing it be ear for the two and a half days we will spend in Singapore prior to the cruise. Any suggestions - restuarants or otherwise, will be greatly appreciated.

We would welcome any suggestions for dining. Currently we will be playing it be ear for the two and a half days we will spend in Singapore prior to the cruise. Any suggestions - restuarants or otherwise, will be greatly appreciated.

We stayed at the St Regis last time we were in Singapore, and I think it has the best bathroom ever ! My husband just loved the shower - with all those jets - he wants one at home too.

Iggys restaurant is a short walk from the hotel -it is number 28 in the top 100 restaurants of the world ! We went for lunch and it was great. Definitely book ahead.

http://www.singaporefinedining.com/iggys.htm

http://www.iggys.com.sg/

Also if you like orchids the Singapore Orchid Garden in the Botanic gardens are spectacular.

http://www.sbg.org.sg/visitorinfo/openinghours.asp

Ann

Ask the concierge in your hotel to direct you to the best and nearest alfresco Asian dining experience.The atmosphere is fantastic the food and service great a wonderful and very reasonable Far Eastern night out.Enjoy Singapore!

If you are looking for good local food then either (as another poster suggested) ask the concierge or walk down Orchard Road and see what you like. If anyone suggests going to Newton Circus, I'd advise against it however.

If you are looking for some of Singapore's non-local fine dining, our current favourite restaurant for special occasions is Nicholas Le Restaurant (in Keong Saik street), you can find them online and I think they answer email pretty fast. Iggys is also popular but we prefer Nicholas.

If you just want to head to an area and look for a place, Clark Quay/Robertson Quay has some nice places. Boat Quay used to be good but really went downhill in the last couple of years and is a bit of a tourist trap, so I'd give that a miss. On the other side of the river from Boat Quay is Indochine, quite nice to sit out there and watch the river at night.

What kind of cuisine are you looking for and do you want fine eats or something a bit more local?

Archived