Tuesday Specials & Courtesy Holds

trabeler

Does anyone know if Celebrity will allow applying a Tuesday special to a cabin that is held on courtesy hold? What I am thinking is that sometimes the available inventory for the special sells out quickly, so if I were to put a hold on a cabin in that category on Monday night, could I then call in anytime on Tuesday and use that held cabin for the special?

Has anyone tried this?

How do yu get the Tuesday specials? Are they sent to you via e-mail...or do you have to look for them?

thank you,

cheryl

You go to the website and sign up for email notifications of sales. They usually send you an email on Monday about the next days deals. But, you can click here

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/exciting_deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

any time over the weekend, maybe earlier, and see what is coming up on Tuesday. EM

Does anyone know if Celebrity will allow applying a Tuesday special to a cabin that is held on courtesy hold? What I am thinking is that sometimes the available inventory for the special sells out quickly, so if I were to put a hold on a cabin in that category on Monday night, could I then call in anytime on Tuesday and use that held cabin for the special?

Has anyone tried this?

Yes, here's what I did. We were going to do a last minute cruise on Summit on their Tuesday special. They had C2's at an excellent price.

I went into that website that you can't mention here and found that 9043 was available. Found out later that they moved to a suite.

I went into the Celebrity website and put a 2 day courtesy hold on the stateroom. First thing Tuesday morning (they don't open up until 9am, but I called at 8:30 and got somebody) I called and they checked to see if they could start booking before 9am, and said that they could. I asked for Stateroom 9043. They told me it was not available, but I told the agent that I was looking at it.

You can't have two people looking at one stateroom at the same time, so she asked if I was. I said yes, then released it from the "My Celebrity" website. Bingo, it showed up, and she let me book.

I think if you went thru a TA, it would have been more difficult, but I booked directly with Celebrity.

Yes, here's what I did. We were going to do a last minute cruise on Summit on their Tuesday special. They had C2's at an excellent price.

I went into that website that you can't mention here and found that 9043 was available. Found out later that they moved to a suite.

I went into the Celebrity website and put a 2 day courtesy hold on the stateroom. First thing Tuesday morning (they don't open up until 9am, but I called at 8:30 and got somebody) I called and they checked to see if they could start booking before 9am, and said that they could. I asked for Stateroom 9043. They told me it was not available, but I told the agent that I was looking at it.

You can't have two people looking at one stateroom at the same time, so she asked if I was. I said yes, then released it from the "My Celebrity" website. Bingo, it showed up, and she let me book.

I think if you went thru a TA, it would have been more difficult, but I booked directly with Celebrity.

This can work but it's also possible that the cabin can be booked by someone else who may be looking at the same time.

This can work but it's also possible that the cabin can be booked by someone else who may be looking at the same time.

No, that's the beauty of their system. Once you click on a cabin to explore it/decide whether or not you want it/place it on courtesy hold, no one else will see or be able to click on it or book it. That's why the agent I talked with showed the cabin as "not available."

No, that's the beauty of their system. Once you click on a cabin to explore it/decide whether or not you want it/place it on courtesy hold, no one else will see or be able to click on it or book it. That's why the agent I talked with showed the cabin as "not available."

But when you release the hold it's available to anyone. If someone else happens to grab it first you're out of luck. There are lots of agents looking so you just have to hope no one else clicks on it first. I've had it happen. You were fortunate to have someone answer the phone early.

But when you release the hold it's available to anyone. If someone else happens to grab it first you're out of luck. There are lots of agents looking so you just have to hope no one else clicks on it first. I've had it happen. You were fortunate to have someone answer the phone early.

Yes, I guess the 2-3 seconds that it took to do that, I suppose anything could have happened. :eek:

P.S. I was on the phone with the Agent, so when I took it off, she immediately grabbed it. It was like "lickedy split."

It worked for me.

I had the opposite experience. I was having trouble booking a triple but was told sometimes the block on triples is released about the time they go on Happy Hour special. I found a triple on Monday and put it on courtesy hold and then tried to release and re-book it Tuesday am at the happy hour price. Was told that I couldn't book because "there were no triples." Went all the way up to Resolutions -- no go.

Thanks to all for the feedback. Sounds like it may work, but could be a hit or miss proposition. If the cruise I'm watching goes up on the specials, I guess I'll have to check the available inventory the day before and make a judgement call on whether or not to try this technique.

Archived