Marina,tables for two

chester8

I am new to Oceania and I am very much looking forward to my cruise on Marina.

Are there tables for two in the MDR and are they reasonably private,that is not too close together?

Is it best to go either late or early to get one?Thanks for all your help.

We sat at tables 101 and 103 and they have no table next to them. I'm sure there are plenty of other ones, just be there early and you'll have your first choice. If you dine late, you may have to wait til those tables are cleared.

Chester8, I can't speak to Marina but I can for the older "R" ships and I can't believe the dining rooms will be set up all that differently.

For starters, my husband and I prefer to share with other people but it is not unusual for us to come in between 7:45-8:15 and be told there is no appropriate "sharing" table and so we end up at a table for two. Most of these are not all that close to other tables. Certainly you can privacy if you want it.

There are some window set-ups that consist of three two-person tables next to each other, and those have a slight separation between the tables. (They tend to be situated between 8-person tables along the windows and the first table will be at the window, the third table will be at the aisle.)

Our experience there has been that usually the people sitting at the first two tables to be occupied will talk to each other (not, always, not necessarily) but when the third table becomes occupied, this couple won't be included in the conversation between the two tables -- especially if the first two couples are about to finish. This is not a hard and fast rule!

Marina may not have this particular kind of set-up (with three tables close together with only a few inches between them) but find it hard to believe that it will NOT have plenty of two-person tables that do give sufficient privacy for people who want to eat alone.

All restaurants start at 6:30.pm. Do not be discouraged by the line in front of the GDR, there are plenty of tables. In fact, I feel the tables in GDR, Polo, Horizons are all closer together than the smaller ships in order to accomodate more guests. This is perhaps to ensure there is enough capacity should every passengeer decide to eat at the same time ( I read somewhere that's what FDR had planned for )

I would suggest you go early the first day to make sure you get the table of your choice, then you can take it from there.

One new thing on Marina is they opened up GDR for lunch on embarkation day for maiden voyage, perhaps they'll keep doing that. You then can have lunch there, check out all the tables at the end of your lunch, ask the waiter for the table numbers, and request those tables when you go at 6:30pm.

I am new here,yesterday I spoke with the Oceania office in the UK and they told me that shuttles were only provided if the ship was docked too far from the entrance to the port.Is that information correct?

Could be ;)

This is a new service & we are not sure which ports qualify yet

Some ports offer a shuttle already because they do not want people walking around a working port

Archived