Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

I no longer have white shoes. I've gone to a pewter color. They go with so much. I don't really wear gold, so that's not an issue. Although, because they're not silver, it'd be okay.

Bought a couple of tank tunic tops while shopping. I didn't bother too try them on. Should have, arm holes too big. So I trotted out to Label $hopper and found matching tanks to go under for$3.99. Perfect matches!

I hate when the arm holes are too big. Could they be taken in with out taking too much fabric away from the bust area?

• 2 weeks later...

I bring a jacket for the plane with a warm hat, gloves & wool socks. Living in CO you never know what you're going to come home to! For the cruise I bring exactly the same things summer or winter

Edited by awhfy

New England and Canada are BEAUTIFUL in summer! Loved the green and flowers.

Five port days in a row! My spreadsheet outfits were Capris and tops for those days...just a little too cool, so had to layer. Several 3/4 sleeve tops that were extra, got worn and the planned ones went home clean:rolleyes:.

There were people who evidently don't take much time or effort to pack - but also folks who dressed up to CCF standards.

Next Cruise isn't until January...and then we'll be in warmer temps (Charleston, SC; Miami; Port Canaveral; Nassau; private island of CocoCay:cool:.

I wore my GoWalks shoes instead of sandals on port days. They are so-o-o comfortable! Must check to see if there are other styles...

Edited by indiana71

I've looked at those and some similar. Are they really that comfy?

I've had 13 foot surgeries (so far) & they are absolutely the most comfortable shoes that I put on my feet!

I know this is a clothes chat. But I've got to share what I think is helping me lose weight(5/6 lbs) and not know it. On some comparisons by friends and you tube video, I went to Wal-Mart and bought a $9.74 glass.ImageUploadedByForums1468370131.302477.jpg.191730e9c58a8bf3545309b7827682db.jpg

I fill the large one with ice and water at night and take to my bedroom. It stays icy till morning, and even cold 24 hours later. It compares to a $40 Yetti. The handle belongs to a Tervis. I put the stones on to tell mine apart from roomie in upcoming cruise. I bought the 2nd one, s 20 oz $7.94 ish, to pour mixed drinks in it. No melty mixed drinks for me at the pool.

Went shopping today and still had ice and soda after leaving in a hot car!

I even went and bought the smaller handle in lime green for this smaller cup. My plan is to fill the big one with lemonade.

I fill the big one with water whenever it's empty. I dislike room temp water so I never drank very much. Now I drink it all the time!

If you need a glass, I highly recommend this one from Wal-Mart. In the camping section with all the other campfire stuff! I don't recommend the coozies, not all bottles fit.

I bring a jacket for the plane with a warm hat, gloves & wool socks. Living in CO you never know what you're going to come home to! For the cruise I bring exactly the same things summer or winter

Same here heading back to Wisconsin. We have watched many first time cruisers that either forgot to leave the warm stuff out when they put their bags in the hall or just don't think and walk off the plane in Chicago wearing flip flops, shorts and an island T shirt. That must have been fun in 2013 when we left Puerto Rico it was 86F and we landed to -14F.

We leave our outer parkas in the trunk of the car and wear the inner fleece jacket on the plane.

• 3 weeks later...

A couple years back I lost my casual white jacket. (I mentioned here I'm sure) I was lucky to find a replacement the night before our cruise at a Bealls. As I'm thinking about my Sept cruise I realized I hadn't seen it. For about two weeks I thought it was gone and started looking for another. Found a swinging longer hooded jacket at Labels $hoppers. Under$15. Looked good with longer tunic tops and leggings. Then I found white jacket in my cruise room. I apparently took it off to try something on and then-just-forgot!. Happy to now have two totally different styled jackets. Both will go with me.

A couple years back I lost my casual white jacket. (I mentioned here I'm sure) I was lucky to find a replacement the night before our cruise at a Bealls. As I'm thinking about my Sept cruise I realized I hadn't seen it. For about two weeks I thought it was gone and started looking for another. Found a swinging longer hooded jacket at Labels $hoppers. Under$15. Looked good with longer tunic tops and leggings. Then I found white jacket in my cruise room. I apparently took it off to try something on and then-just-forgot!. Happy to now have two totally different styled jackets. Both will go with me.

What a great deal! I have been on and off this thread for years and just popped back on because I was invited this week to join a friend for a Windstar cruise to the French and Italian Rivera in mid-October, which I soon learned can be a rainy time of year. So, I was on a hunt for a jacket too that would be good for traveling and water resistance as well as stylish.

It must be a good time to buy jackets, as I just found this waterproof one on ebay (retails for $295) for just $28, plus $6 for shipping:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/391292994974?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648&var=660593900509&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

So it seems like these hot summer months are a good time to get a deal if you are planning ahead and getting in on some so what is left from last season's stock.

What a great deal! I have been on and off this thread for years and just popped back on because I was invited this week to join a friend for a Windstar cruise to the French and Italian Rivera in mid-October, which I soon learned can be a rainy time of year. So, I was on a hunt for a jacket too that would be good for traveling and water resistance as well as stylish.

It must be a good time to buy jackets, as I just found this waterproof one on ebay (retails for $295) for just $28, plus $6 for shipping:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/391292994974?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648&var=660593900509&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

So it seems like these hot summer months are a good time to get a deal if you are planning ahead and getting in on some so what is left from last season's stock.

Wow! What a deal! And gorgeous!

• 3 weeks later...

My cruise room has also become a garage sale sorting room! And soon to be a temporary toddlers room. I've been doing The Closet Dance to free up room for the family moving in for a bit. Have to do it all before I leave Sept 7. I'm just going with cruise clothes for my week in Mexico at all inclusive. I've been picking up some floaty tank tops, some I've bought matching tight tanks to go under. Many have arm holes too big, or sheer fabric. So at newly 65, I'm a kid again wearing undershirts. I usually stay away from tanks but find I look better in them if tan!? And this summer I got a nice tan. I think I'll be okay. Clothes for Mexico should be same or similar to cruise clothes.

We haven't heard from Indiana. Is she traveling? Or just settling in to their new house?

Hope you all have had spectacular summer weather and hurricane free fall cruises.

I know this is a clothes chat. But I've got to share what I think is helping me lose weight(5/6 lbs) and not know it. On some comparisons by friends and you tube video, I went to Wal-Mart and bought a $9.74 glass.[ATTACH]389919[/ATTACH],,,,,,,,

If you need a glass, I highly recommend this one from Wal-Mart. In the camping section with all the other campfire stuff! I don't recommend the coozies, not all bottles fit.

Hey girl, this is what I bought for a cruise gift exchange item. I needed 2 $15 to $20 gifts. I bought a 20 oz and 30 ozark tumbler oz from walmart. Then I ordered yeti handles and a $5 custom decal with the ship name, dates and ports. Did one in pink letters and one in baby blue. I thought it was cute. We will see if anyone else thinks it's a good idea. LOL

Hey girl, this is what I bought for a cruise gift exchange item. I needed 2 $15 to $20 gifts. I bought a 20 oz and 30 ozark tumbler oz from walmart. Then I ordered yeti handles and a $5 custom decal with the ship name, dates and ports. Did one in pink letters and one in baby blue. I thought it was cute. We will see if anyone else thinks it's a good idea. LOL

Would you share a picture? That is a great idea! They'll love them for sure after the cruise. Hope you bought one yourself! Can I ask where you got decal? I'd like to do that for my next cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah, I will take a picture as soon as I get the decal. I just ordered them last week so I expect them any day.

On the cruises I was actually matching my old ello and lifefactory water glass bottles with the rubber protector to my hats and outfits.

So my new cup will definitely have to be my fav cruise colors.

Yep, I am crazy but I like the details in my outfits.

This is the seller we used https://www.etsy.com/listing/464464229/custom-yeti-decal?ref=shop_home_active_5

Since it was custom she sent me a proof to approve with in hours. Great service.

No I haven't figured out mine yet. Can't make up my mind if I want the ports I have been to, or ships sailed on or just a beach scene with our names. Decisions, decisions.

Edited by tbbtravels

Yeah, I will take a picture as soon as I get the decal. I just ordered them last week so I expect them any day.

On the cruises I was actually matching my old ello and lifefactory water glass bottles with the rubber protector to my hats and outfits.

So my new cup will definitely have to be my fav cruise colors.

Yep, I am crazy but I like the details in my outfits.

This is the seller we used https://www.etsy.com/listing/464464229/custom-yeti-decal?ref=shop_home_active_5

Since it was custom she sent me a proof to approve with in hours. Great service.

No I haven't figured out mine yet. Can't make up my mind if I want the ports I have been to, or ships sailed on or just a beach scene with our names. Decisions, decisions.

Thanks. My roomie has the machine that cuts and she bought sheets of vinyl stickers. But none of her cuts are an anchor. So we were bummed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

I've had 13 foot surgeries (so far) & they are absolutely the most comfortable shoes that I put on my feet!

I have tried these on and they certainly feel comfortable in the store -- what I worry about is support. They seem so non-supportive -- like my bedroom slippers. Now I love my bedroom slippers around the house, but how would my feet feel after walking in these woven shoes on cement/cobblestone/dirt paths, etc. all day, such as I might do on an excursion? And does dirt/sand/grit get inside the shoes through the weave?

I am looking for extremely comfortable, supportive, and attractive closed-toe shoes to wear on an upcoming European tour... not an easy combination to find. I will not wear sneakers (trainers)!