Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

Check out Sketchers. I have this pair and wear them with liners if I'm wearing capris or a casual dress for touring. They are comfortable and do provide support. The only thing I had to do was carefully remove the small label inside as it rubbed my foot.

https://www.amazon.com/Skechers-Womens-Loving-Fashion-Sneaker/dp/B00913K5WU/ref=sr_1_14?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1472139963&sr=1-14&nodeID=7147440011&keywords=sketchers&refinements=p_n_feature_eighteen_browse-bin%3A14630392011

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

I have tried these on and they certainly feel comfortable in the store -- what I worry about is support. They seem so non-supportive -- like my bedroom slippers. Now I love my bedroom slippers around the house, but how would my feet feel after walking in these woven shoes on cement/cobblestone/dirt paths, etc. all day, such as I might do on an excursion? And does dirt/sand/grit get inside the shoes through the weave?

I am looking for extremely comfortable, supportive, and attractive closed-toe shoes to wear on an upcoming European tour... not an easy combination to find. I will not wear sneakers (trainers)!

Have you checked out Bernie Mev shoes? Their lightweight fabric gives me lots of comfort, but keeps dirt, etc. out. The soles are like athletic soles, but the tops are attractive. I can wear these all day, and I have! I got mine on Amazon, and there are lots of reviews about fit, etc.

Yeah, I will take a picture as soon as I get the decal. I just ordered them last week so I expect them any day.

On the cruises I was actually matching my old ello and lifefactory water glass bottles with the rubber protector to my hats and outfits.

So my new cup will definitely have to be my fav cruise colors.

Yep, I am crazy but I like the details in my outfits.

This is the seller we used https://www.etsy.com/listing/464464229/custom-yeti-decal?ref=shop_home_active_5

Since it was custom she sent me a proof to approve with in hours. Great service.

No I haven't figured out mine yet. Can't make up my mind if I want the ports I have been to, or ships sailed on or just a beach scene with our names. Decisions, decisions.

I finished mine. Will do. Traced and cut the anchors out. Don't have much time, but happy with results.de1acb9d1537982220df858a1926c37a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you're looking for a light weight jacket to wear, that's inexpensive. Wal-Mart just stocked there's in the workout section. I already have white, and fleece but my only black is a dressy sweater. Now I have that covered too. Just over$13.d1a2a0f8284047044d127806c36dffcf.jpg94a1e66d09871607b76314cabc691220.jpg

Lots of colors to choose from.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in Florida, as of last night. Fever and chills started on plane. 2 weeks to cruise and new baby to hold. Have UTI, I'm thinking they gave wrong antibiotic. Culture coming back in Indiana. Hopeful. Baby is beautiful. My third, 2 grandson. Rexton Thomas (dh is Thomas).a37156444ccc55eb9ccf8cec76c3761d.jpg

I'm in Florida, as of last night. Fever and chills started on plane. 2 weeks to cruise and new baby to hold. Have UTI, I'm thinking they gave wrong antibiotic. Culture coming back in Indiana. Hopeful. Baby is beautiful. My third, 2 grandson. Rexton Thomas (dh is Thomas).a37156444ccc55eb9ccf8cec76c3761d.jpg

You have a handsome new grandson. Enjoy your time with him. I hope that you feel better.

Edited by geocruiser

What a great deal! I have been on and off this thread for years and just popped back on because I was invited this week to join a friend for a Windstar cruise to the French and Italian Rivera in mid-October, which I soon learned can be a rainy time of year. So, I was on a hunt for a jacket too that would be good for traveling and water resistance as well as stylish.

It must be a good time to buy jackets, as I just found this waterproof one on ebay (retails for $295) for just $28, plus $6 for shipping:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/391292994974?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648&var=660593900509&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

So it seems like these hot summer months are a good time to get a deal if you are planning ahead and getting in on some so what is left from last season's stock.

I got my jacket at Cosco, perfect for a cruise, mine is in red...Love it!!!!

Yikes!! It's has been FOREVER since my last CFF post:eek:. I was the original poster and am very pleased to see the conversation keeps going!

DH and Contractor Son started the new Cruise Room, Bathroom and Closet. All the framing and electrical work is done. Waiting for the plumber and then dry wallers...all of that is good BUT I won't get excited until paint and flooring is done;).

The bedroom paint color will coordinate with my Caribbean quilt, and wall decor will be travel posters from ports we have visited.

The Cruise Closet should be done just about the time that winter clothes need to make an appearance. That means moving all the Cruise Clothes to their new living space. Can't wait!! Will post photos, but not much to see right now.

Anyway - we're 120 days until The Next Cruise. Still a long time...although my Spreadsheet is ready to be filled in!

Glad to read posts from longtime CFFS and newbies, too. I will check in more often:):cool:.

QUESTION: Are you shopping End of Season sales to find something/anything that MIGHT be on your winter cruise?? I'm going out Saturday and will look around for bargains.

WELCOME HOME Indiana!!! We have missed you. Hope to see you more often.

Sounds like you are making a lot of progress on your Cruise Room.

I haven't started shopping the end of season sales yet. Still trying to get rid of things so that I can see what is really going to be needed.

With DH getting ready to make the BIG move into retirement I have been downsizing. We bought an RV and are planning on doing some traveling in it. Still going to cruise at 2 times every year but adding land vacations too.

Our community is having a large community yard sale in about 6 weeks so I have been busy getting things ready for that also. Being in Arizona our main yard sales are done in the winter months where the temps are tolerable.

We are finally starting to cool down in the evenings and at night. The days are still in the upper 90's low 100's and will stay that way until late next month. But that is a lot more tolerable than the 115-120's that we have had this summer.

Our next cruise is in 81 days. I started planning my evening clothes yesterday and pulled them out of the closet and put them in the cruise area. (I lost my cruise room until Nov. since some friends are moving back here for his job and they can't move into their house until the end of Oct.)

I have my cruise worksheet set up and ready to add my day clothes on it so that I can pull them come Nov.

Well back to sorting and weeding thru things.

Hope everyone is have a fabulous Fall,

Gerry

indiana71,

Welcome back to your CC home. Happy to hear that you are getting a cruise room. Will be looking forward to seeing the pictures of the cruise room.

TNGALOHA,

I see that you are traveling on MSC. Is this your first time on MSC? We did try MSC once on Opera.

TNGALOHA,

I see that you are traveling on MSC. Is this your first time on MSC? We did try MSC once on Opera.

Good morning Geocruiser,

Yes we are going on the MSC Divina. We have sailed MSC many times and love the cruise line.

How did you like the Opera?

I have never sailed on her. We have sailed on the Lirica, Orchestra, Poesia, and the Divina.

We will be sailing their brand new ship, The Seaside, that they are building next year.

We will be bringing her from Italy to the USA for her Christening in Miami.

I can't wait. It will be the newest ship I have ever been on, the first time I have ever been in Europe, and our first Trans-Atlantic cruise.

I am very excited to say the least.

Hope everyone has a great day,

Gerry

Good morning Geocruiser,

Yes we are going on the MSC Divina. We have sailed MSC many times and love the cruise line.

How did you like the Opera?

I have never sailed on her. We have sailed on the Lirica, Orchestra, Poesia, and the Divina.

We will be sailing their brand new ship, The Seaside, that they are building next year.

We will be bringing her from Italy to the USA for her Christening in Miami.

I can't wait. It will be the newest ship I have ever been on, the first time I have ever been in Europe, and our first Trans-Atlantic cruise.

I am very excited to say the least.

Hope everyone has a great day,

Gerry

The ship was beautiful. But we did not enjoy most of the staff. They did not seem to like Americans, from the way they were talking about then. My DH and his sister speak Italian and were upset with the way the waiters were talking to each other about the Americans that they were serving. It just left a bad taste in our mouths. The waiters were not very happy when towards the end of the cruise my sister in law finally answered them in Italian.

But all that aside, I hear that lots of PAX love the staff and ships. We just must have gotten the wrong wait staff.

Indiana, I'm so glad you've returned to your thread. I was really missing you and your energy!

I haven't hit too many sales, but I did manage to find a Ross while we were on vacation last week. I picked up a LBD dress for formal nights and a red/black print dress that I can either dress up for formal night or wear during the day. I'll see if I can find pictures....

So good to have you back!

The dresses sound wonderful. I hope that you can find the pictures.

During all the packing and moving, I lost the couple of pounds that were being stubborn. Since then we have had family for a week (of eating:rolleyes:) and without steps to climb, those pesky pounds crept back.

So - I made a chart listing every tenth of a pound (113.8 to start:eek:!, 113.7, 113.6..).all the way to my goal of 109.1. Monday is Weigh In Day and DH has offered to pay for Mani/Pedi and a Facial if my goal is reached by Halloween.

Since my scale weighs tenths of a pound, it's easier to see the progress.

All of this started 2 weeks ago and with 6 weeks to go, I'm confident my Cruise Clothes won't be as snug!

NEXT - I was reading about Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water and decided to give it a try. Following directions, I used a cotton pad, pressed and wiped eye make-up (not waterproof) and face make-up.

Then I used my usual eye makeup remover....and more eye liner came off. THEN I used my Pond's Cold Cream and MORE makeup came off:confused:.

What I surmise from all of this: Stick with the Eye Makeup Remover and good old Pond's for nightly procedure.

Anyone else try micellar water??? Better results?

FINALLY - My Saturday shopping trip was fruitfulicon14.gif

Macy's: Found a dress with 3/4 sleeves, purple print that would work for Formal Night. It's not as formal as an LBD, but I like it and the fabric is no-wrinkle. AND it was on sale plus 15% more at the register!!

Probably won't post a photo until trying on Cruise Clothes...and sigh...Next Cruise is still 117 days away!

EXTRA FINALLY - Plumber is here today working on the Cruise Room Bathroom. Next step will be dry wallers. Soon I'll be choosing flooring and paint. Can't wait!!

Well, I babbled on...but making up for some of the time missed! So happy to see posts from regular CCF friends, and new friends, too:cool:

Edited by indiana71

NEXT - I was reading about Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water and decided to give it a try. Following directions, I used a cotton pad, pressed and wiped eye make-up (not waterproof) and face make-up.

Then I used my usual eye makeup remover....and more eye liner came off. THEN I used my Pond's Cold Cream and MORE makeup came off:confused:.

What I surmise from all of this: Stick with the Eye Makeup Remover and good old Pond's for nightly procedure.

Anyone else try micellar water??? Better results?

In regard to micellar water - one pad is not enough (as you probably now realize?). From what I have read many would use several pads to take off all makeup until the pad appears to be 'clean'.

In my case this is what I do:

1st - eyemakeup remover

2nd - face cleansing makeup remover wipe (l'oreal)

3 - MICELLAR WATER - to get rid of remaining makeup - wet pad - wipe off - then turn pad over - add some more and wipe off (you would be surprised at how much makeup still left)

4 - then toner (still a bit of makeup cleaning with this).

...then skin treatment/moistuirizer etc.

Here is a thread where there is some more talk about cleansers/micellar water: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2382698

Edited by Froufie

The Cruise Closet should be done just about the time that winter clothes need to make an appearance. That means moving all the Cruise Clothes to their new living space. Can't wait!! Will post photos, but not much to see right now.

The only time I ever enjoyed cleaning out a closet was when I made my cruise closet!:D:D:D