Ryndam Overbooked....offers being made.

sassy~one

This was taken from the roll call thread ...

""I got an email from HAL today saying that they'll refund 25% of what you paid (minus taxes and port fees) if you'll change the date of your cruise from 2/13. Or... you can chose a 14 day cruise for no more money. And... upgrades are available.""

Im on this ship for the 2/13 date, Is this normal to over book? I believe the 14 day offer is very good.

Im retired so for me, it would be ok, but others in my party this would not work well.

Has anyone ever given up there cabin?

Just wondering..... debbie

It happens from time to time and is not unusual but there is nothing to worry about. We have never read that anyone who did not willingly give up their cabin did not have their cabin. It is voluntary only and if necessary, they keep upping the offer until they get the cabins they need.

Many years ago, my DH and I agreed to give up our "S" Suite on Rotterdam doing a 17 or 18 day transatlantic/European cruise. They made an offer too good to pass up. :)

Yes -- it does happen. Have seen this happen quite often.

A couple of years ago it happened on our Veendam cruise out of Tampa -- a few people on our Roll Call got the calls and a few accepted to give up the 7 day cruise and take the 14 day cruise. Since they lived in Florida -- it wasn't a problem for them to switch dates.

We have never been asked to switch dates -- and we are retired. But we could not do it as it would involve trying to find flights as there are so few flights out of our area to anywhere.

Forgive me for posting this question again (I posted on another thread with no repsonse, yet).

Do the offers, when the ship is overbooked, come via your TA or directly from HAL?

Thank you!

Ricki

If you booked through a TA, they will get the offer on your behalf. If you booked directly with HAL, you will get the offer.

Archived