Formal Night

tkjohn25

Is there a formal night on a four day cruise?

Monarch has switched to "Smart Casual" for the previously named "Formal" night (I need to double check both my compasses from last year, but I believe for both the 3 night and 4 night). Other short cruises may be the same way, but check with more recent cruisers before deciding you're not taking your formalwear!

Of course, that's just a minimum attire suggestion, you're free to go all out if you so choose (hell, some of us enjoy dressing up for the occasion :D ).

Now I'm confused. We have always gone on a 7-day cruise, but we are going on the Monarch for a 4-nighter in April. I thought they still had one formal night. If someone can let me know, please, I'd appreciate it. There's nothing worse than being overdressed and hauling the suit along when you don't have to! HELP!!!

Monarch has switched to "Smart Casual" for the previously named "Formal" night (I need to double check both my compasses from last year, but I believe for both the 3 night and 4 night). Other short cruises may be the same way, but check with more recent cruisers before deciding you're not taking your formalwear!

Of course, that's just a minimum attire suggestion, you're free to go all out if you so choose (hell, some of us enjoy dressing up for the occasion :D ).

I made this mistake. People kept saying no formal night on the 3 Night Monarch so I told everyone in our group not to bring their formal wear that formal night was a thing of the past on the Monarch 3 nighter. To my surprise "Formal Night" appeared in the Compass on the second night. Felt bad because several first time cruisers were looking forward to dressing up. We were all dressed fine since it's a more casual cruise. This cruise was in Oct 2010.

BonVoyage

Dawna

There's actually a section on the RCCL website called "Before You Board." If you check it out, there's a subsection called "What to Bring", and on that page is a chart with how many formal nights per cruise there will be!

And for those of us crazies who absolutely love dressing up, I'm fairly certain that all cruises have at least one formal night! :)

Archived