Disembarkation - Dragging your feet?

tm5to1

We are sailing in and out of Miami. On the day we disembark, our flight doesn't leave until 4:00. (the airfare was too good to pass up) So we obviously have some hours to kill. Just wondering how long you're allowed to stay on the ship. I know I've heard people mention they board as early as 11:00 or so, so I would assume we'd have to be off before then. Anyone know for sure?? Thanks!

We are sailing in and out of Miami. On the day we disembark, our flight doesn't leave until 4:00. (the airfare was too good to pass up) So we obviously have some hours to kill. Just wondering how long you're allowed to stay on the ship. I know I've heard people mention they board as early as 11:00 or so, so I would assume we'd have to be off before then. Anyone know for sure?? Thanks!

Find something to do in MIA for the day. Being on longer than you need to be the last day is the pits. You have to be off way before 11 anyway.

Generally they indicate/announce that you need to be out of your cabin by thereabouts of 8:30. You can get breakfast , but there's a cutoff. Usually you have to be off the ship some where 9:30 to 10:30. ken

We've been asked to be out of the cabin around 8:30 by the steward.

We go eat a leisurely breakfast in the dining room then hang out on the promenade or lido until the crowds thin out. Usually around 9:30 or so.

Find something to do in MIA for the day. Being on longer than you need to be the last day is the pits. You have to be off way before 11 anyway.

Why?

Usually between 9:30-10 they really start trying to boot you off in ernest....

How?

Once you go to bed the last night, consider your cruise to be over. There is little, if any, service the last morning....they want you out of the cabin and off the ship so they can prepare for a new batch of excited cruisers.

If you manage to find a spot in a public area...then sit! Enjoy! It's not that much fun to sit around, IMO!

There are post-cruise excursions that you can take...they will take you AND your luggage out for the morning, and drop you at the airport that afternoon. That can kill some time.

I'd compare the price of an excursion to changing my flight to something earlier!

Why?

How?

Um....they start having servers and people from guest services say things like "Sir, at this time we need to to head towards the debarkation areas" "If you have everything you need sir, may I ask you to join the line for disembarkation?" Thinks like that. That is if you are still hanging around that late.

Archived