We are not leaving the Quest

nonrev1

I want to say I am sorry - we are having such a great time that we are not going to leave the ship when we dock in Singapore. So - if you are booked in our cabin for the cruise departing on Feb. 19 .....you will have to make other arrangements. ;)

The cruise is wonderful and I can not say more than enough about the crew. This is an amazing cruise!

Lauri

I want to say I am sorry - we are having such a great time that we are not going to leave the ship when we dock in Singapore. So - if you are booked in our cabin for the cruise departing on Feb. 19 .....you will have to make other arrangements. ;)

The cruise is wonderful and I can not say more than enough about the crew. This is an amazing cruise!

Lauri

Lauri

When I last looked there were only one balcony and one owners suite left on the 19 Feb cruise so you may find that staying on board causes a little problem! Glad you feel like this, though, as we are getting on as you are [supposed to be] getting off. I do know how you are feeling because, when we all [the whole ships passenger, officers and crew, I think!] met in the theatre to say goodbye on our previous Quest cruise, Captain Leif suggested he turned the ship around and headed back to Singapore. Everyone agreed and it was only the certainty of loosing his job if he did that made him carry on to Athens.

How is the weather on this cruise? Are conditions "average" for the time of year or are you experiencing any abnormal weather?

Hope you continue to enjoy your cruise.

Sue

Lauri

Hi Lauri !

Thanks for your update. I'm happy to hear you are having a great time onboard Quest. I'm certain the Guests who are booked in your Cabin for the next sailing, are going to demand their Cabin.... so good luck keeping it :)

For me... It's always such an exciting time, the few days & weeks before your Cruise, and the first few days of your Cruise. It's when I am my happiest. As the Cruise heads towards the last few days, it gets somewhat disappointing. One way I deal with this, is to try to book another Cruise while onboard, so I have something to look forward to.

We hope to hear more about your voyage, when you return home. Enjoy the rest of your Cruise !

I will definitely report back when we return. The cruise is going by so fast. Many people thought we were crazy arriving in HKG for the New Year and traveling during these weeks. Honestly, it has been the best experience. HKG was crazy - but, what a way to experience the city! We arrived a few days before we boarded and experienced the parade, fireworks and several of the dragon performances.

As for the weather, it has been perfect. No rain ( so far and I am knocking on wood), smooth seas and tolerable heat. HKG was a bit cool, DaNang was perfect, Saigon was about 90 for the high.

Yes Andy, I think we will have to take your advice and book another cruise before we leave. That will be the only way that I will feel better.

Oh - we had dinner in Aqualina last night. Yum! It was fantastic!

If anyone reading has 7051 next week....we will relinquish it unwillingly!

Happy travels all!

You sound just like my husband when we were on for a month last year! We're off on Journey is 5 weeks and can't wait .............is Goran the Maitre D' and Phillip the Hotel Director still on board Quest?

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

;) RosieRuby

Well, they did make us leave. ;) What an amazing cruise. I can not say enough about the officers and the crew. There was no one that we spoke with that did not love the ship and Azamara. There was not one person that said "no". Everyone went out of their way to make this a special trip. It was a pleasant change from some other cruises where we found quite a few unhappy employees. My husband said he can never go on another line again.

I have so many positive things to say - but, I did have one negative and it was the coffee. They are very aware of it onboard and even brought on someone to fix the machines in Bangkok. They said that over the past weeks, the comments about the coffee have gotten pretty bad so they knew something was wrong. ( Maybe one is better..still not good) I am not a coffee expert or snob - I just like coffee and it was not good. It is not a make-it or break-it item for me.....just the only area that I thought they could improve upon.

We did have the Azamara VP, the head of Marketing and phtographers onboard during the trip.

We are in Singapore now waiting for our hotel room, so I thought this would be a perfect time to check in. I will write more and will be happy to answer any questions when I return.

Lauri

Lauri

Just as well you got off because we are bursting at the seems this cruise! No, seriously, the ship is full but it is not crowded.

Philip is still on board and looking after us wonderfully. Not sure about Goram because we have not eaten in the MDR.

Sue

Sue

Glad you are safely on board and that Philip is looking after you

Give him our regards

Do you know if Edwin is the Chief Housekeeper - we remember him as our butler from Century in 2000 and it was so lovely to see him as an Officer on Quest in 2009 - if he please can you remember us to him

Ann and Charles

Sue

Glad you are safely on board and that Philip is looking after you

Give him our regards

Do you know if Edwin is the Chief Housekeeper - we remember him as our butler from Century in 2000 and it was so lovely to see him as an Officer on Quest in 2009 - if he please can you remember us to him

Ann and Charles

Ann and Charles

No, we met the Chief Housekeeper yesterday and I am pretty certain he is not Edwin but we had enough wine at dinner not to be able to remember who it is!!! Next time we see Philip, I will give him your regards.

Bangkok in the morning.

Sue

Ann and Charles

we had enough wine at dinner not to be able to remember who it is!!! .

Sue

As it should be!!

Enjoy Bangkok, hope you see the Giant Reclining Budhha - a photographers challenge!

Archived