Island Escape DELAYED till 18th February

sodafountain

Just had phone call, some parts are delayed (although the ship has gone to Tenerife), and is now delayed until 18th February.

We are now on Spirit instead, from Monday, on deck 4 (we booked deck 6, they say it is similar), with outside cabin.

We will then be moved to Island Escape on Friday, and they will pack our bags for us if we want (although would rather do that myself i think).

As compensation, we get £50 each on board spend, plus £39 for the pre-booked cabin (and we still get our cabin as booked when we go back on the Island Escape).

Sounds like a lot of trouble, but i'm on holiday, get to go on 2 different boats, and i have got my AI still (so can buy some nice tobacco things in the shop with my £139).

Still no phonecall for me :(

I posted literally seconds after putting the phone down (happened to be on here and had just read your message and someone elses boarding in Tenerife, so it wasn't a big a shock as it might have been half an hour earlier).

I expect they are getting through everyone, they rang my mobile, as i am at work, and i must have given them the number.

Quite looking forward to a multi-ship holdiay, saves going on another holiday to test the Spirit now, only problem will be Friday if it still isn't ready, as The Spirit i believe will be heading off then.

I have a mail :D

Ah Hiya Hun

Apparantly we have had an email from Thomsons to say she isnt sailing today with passengers on it, they want to ensure it is right before they put passenger on it so are sending out on its own, people are being told on check in its the spirit and being given 50 pounds onboard credit as a gesture

Lets hope it all gets sorted quickly.

Thanks for letting me know, its amazing how quick you get it, its good to have inside information isnt it

Have a good weekend, speak to you soon

Regards

Well, spoke to various people in order to get an answer this afternoon. Apparantely we will be on the Spirit for the whole week!

Be interesting then, she definately said IE would be back for 18th, and we'd move across to it (and even have cabin we booked), can't see Spirit being any longer, as it has to be in Sharm for the 24th Feb.

Be interesting then, she definately said IE would be back for 18th, and we'd move across to it (and even have cabin we booked), can't see Spirit being any longer, as it has to be in Sharm for the 24th Feb.

Yeah, that is what I'm expecting tbh.

Oh golly - thats the date we sail fri 18th - i will take my kindle along and try and let everyone know what its like ---- though ive never sailed on her before !!!

ronnie

Sorry to hear there is set backs with IE but pleased everyone seems to be taking it in their stride. Looking forward to reports on what work has been done (been on her twice before)

I am due to sail on her in April and have a favour to ask.

My Husband and I have been taking dancing lessons and would welcome the posibility to try out doing the waltz or salsa. Is there opportunities to do this? Would love feedback if there is a dancing class on and/or a tea dance or time to waltz. Is there anyhting on the daily paper so I can plan it into my "itinerary"

Would never have noticed in the past as I loved pop dancing but didn't dance much as last time I was on her I was over 10 stone heavier (and generally hid in the crowds watching)!!!

I'm due to be joining IE in Tenerife, tomorrow (18th)

I just spoke to "Tina" at Thomson, and asked if IE would be sailing tomorrow. She said, "Oh yes," in a cheery call-centre sort of way.

But I somehow suspect that she'd have said the same thing this time last week.

Rather a cryptic type message on the Thomson boards :confused:

I knew it!! Didn't I say the other day there was something funny going on. I was looking at the cruise going on the 25th Feb. on the IE on Monday night and there was plenty of cabins left at 11.00pm. Next morning at 10.00am it was missing along with the Red Sea cruise leaving the day before. That's why we booked AI in a hotel in Sharm. Smelled a rat then so I wouldn't be surprised as I believe that the Spirit doesn't carry as many passengers so we would have been bounced off for definite.:eek::eek:

Really glad we didn't book on Monday night now as we don't have holiday flexibility on that week.:eek:

Jan

We are joining the IE tomorrow from Tenerife - flying from Bournmouth, havn't heard anything from Thompsons about any change of plan .... will give you an update sometime tomorrow night - if the Kindle connects !!

I don't care which boat we are on, just want some sun !

We are joining the IE tomorrow from Tenerife - flying from Bournmouth, havn't heard anything from Thompsons about any change of plan .... will give you an update sometime tomorrow night - if the Kindle connects !!

I don't care which boat we are on, just want some sun !

Have a nice holiday anyway. It looks like it's the week after that's the problem.

Look forward to your update, if you can.:):)

Jan

Was told at 1615hrs today that the balcony deluxe cabin I booked was unavailable as it has not been refurbished, I was due to travel tomorrow. (I had been intouch with my travel agent to find out whether they could find out if Island Escape was definitely sailing). I wonder if I had not contacted them them I would have been informed at check in that the cabin was not available. I booked this cruise because I wanted a balcony - I have now cancelled and have been given a full refund. I am gutted.

What a shame! It's not as if you can jump onto a last minute as it's half term next week and the prices are sky high until mid-week.:)

I've just seen a nice little 5* AI at Sharm el Sheikh on Thursday 7 nights £492 from Leeds/Bradford, same place we're going to. Very nice, not the same I know but needs must.

Jan

What a shame! It's not as if you can jump onto a last minute as it's half term next week and the prices are sky high until mid-week.:)

I've just seen a nice little 5* AI at Sharm el Sheikh on Thursday 7 nights £492 from Leeds/Bradford, same place we're going to. Very nice, not the same I know but needs must.

Jan

That would have been nice, but unfortunately stuck with school hols as I was travelling with just my teenage daughter who has exams next half term. (Hubby is in america skiing at present so that makes it worse!).

Archived