Project Sunshine Inaugural...who's with me?!?

Miles and I will be on board for the Inaugural with the Critters, can't wait. This sounds like a really fun time again. We sure start our boards way out and love watching the boards grow as the time nears. We were aboard with Oasis and Allure with the Critters and intend to be on the new Sunshine Class with you all. I just love the name of the newest Royal Caribbean class.

Take care...

Irene & Miles

Hi Irene and Miles,

Nice to read your post! How exciting, new ships for the Critters to experience together. Hope you are doing well and nurse Miles too...lol.

Stay well,;)

Not me unless it is free since it prob be Europe somewhere

I will probably be getting around to the Allure by that time as Ive got a few other ships I want to cruise on first

Who has any idea where it would sail..:confused:

I'll wait until I hear how big it's going to be. If it's going to be a "Behemoth of the Seas", I'll pass.

Much more likely that it will be sailing out of Florida and doing the basic Eastern and Western routes (I can see all the complaints already, but that is where they traditionally sail their newest ships and one can choose to sail on the newest ship doing a familiar itinerary or to sail on an older ship doing a less familiar one).

They have already indicated the size will be somewhere between Voyager and Freedom class and will carry 4100 passengers, so, depending on your point of view, it probably won't be a "Behemoth of the Seas" when compared to Allure and Oasis.

Most of the important details are yet to be announced. The devil, as always, is in the details. Expect RCI's PR operation to schedule a series of "reveals" that will peak interest in these ships by the time they debut. Based on their performance with Freedom Class and Oasis Class introductions, their track record is very good.:)

The coming months should be very interesting and we can only hope that they will somehow find a way to combine the very best features of all their previous classes of ships to make a new and pleasing Sunshine Class ship. Many of the things people have already placed on their wish list are already present on some ships in the fleet so what may really be of interest is what new and exciting things they can offer that will be unique to this class of ship. Any bets on whether or not "Sunshine" will survive as the name of this class of ship or whether it will turn out to be just another Project Name to be replaced with something else?

Let the speculation begin.:D

Emmy & Pink Boa Society will be there too. We love inaugurals as well:D

Oh yes, Emmy!! Looking forward to it!! :D

Pink Boa Society LOVED the Allure Inaugural! Not a complaint to be heard...enjoyed everything from the main dining room, the specialty restaurants, and the unique-ness that makes this class so difficult to resist. Steve and I are looking forward to seeing her again in September.

We are certainly looking forward to experiencing another new class of ship!

Looks like I will finally get to meet some of my CC friends for the first time after we missed out on other cruises. Looking forward towards it for sure.:D:cool:

Hey there Bob...looks like we will finally meet. Nice to have you with us. Went on the Oasis Inaugural and it was simply incredible!! I wasn't able to make the Allure inaugural but sure plan on being on this one!!!

This Pink Boa Society Girl will be onboard too:eek::cool:

I like to find out more about this new ship coming out but I can not find anything on it:confused:

When do you all think this will happen?:confused:

Carol:)

• 3 months later...

Just checking in....I guess there has not been anything new on this ship yet but it sure is exciting just thinking about a new ship. I wonder what the itinerary might be? Hope everyone is doing well and once again, we are so in for this inaugural sailing.

Not me unless it is free since it prob be Europe somewhere

I will probably be getting around to the Allure by that time as Ive got a few other ships I want to cruise on first

I believe that it will be completed in the Fall, which makes a US debut more likely, but will wait for more information before committing to anything.:)

I like to wait for the new ships to sail for a while... most things motorized run better after a few miles on the good 'ole odometer. Plus, the price goes down quite a bit after a year or two.

But... I'll be here reading about what you all experienced!!!

I believe that it will be completed in the Fall, which makes a US debut more likely, but will wait for more information before committing to anything.:)

It seems as if lately all their new ships are being debuted in the late fall!!

We are planning on being with the everyone on the Inaugral of the Sunshine ships. It doesn't matter when they come out but we want to be there so it is in the planning stage. Loved the Inaugral of the Oasis and Allure. We also sailed on the the Transatlantic with the Independance when she first sailed to the US after her launch and sailing in Europe over the summer. Hope to see Stef and her family again on this sailing along with the rest of the International Critter family... I just know they will be along flying the I'mma Critter flag from the top deck as we sail-away.

Take care...

Irene & Miles

Not sure if that is by design or just an odd coincidence, but since the last few debuts in the Fall have been spectacularly successful, they may be thinking "why mess with a good thing?"

• 1 month later...

No matter what, we plan on being on the Inaugural either in the States or in Europe, God Willing!

Take care...

Irene & Miles

• 1 month later...

It's nice to see your post and know you are planning on this!:D I think planning is always part of the fun of cruising. You are so right, great ships, but the best part was meeting new "friends forever".:) At our age it will be here before we know it...lol.

Have a great holiday weekend.;)

Since i've set a pattern with being on the Oasis & Allure inaugural sailings... don't think I have a choice ;)

Project Genesis was 'before my cruising time' I vaguely remember my dad coming back from his 2006 Alaska cruise talking about it and saying he was going to be on her... hopefully we'll start hearing some details about Sunshine soon!

My prediction

October/November inaugural starting in NYC or Boston for a Canada New England ending in Port Everglades which can be combined to make a B2B doing Canada AND the islands of the Caribbean :)

Gosh! I really doubt I will make it. I was just on the FOS. We stay behind trends. I am ready for the Allure of Oasis. But......I would LOVE to see the deck plans and know the animities on this ship! I watched that video of the FOS on the website before she came out almost everyday and just got around to sailing on her.

Archived