Eclipse Fans: What did you enjoy the most?

HVLcruiser2

Hi, We are preparing for our 2/26 cruise on Eclipse. I read through lots of very good reviews and they were very helpful in selecting this ship.

During the first days we love exploring the ship and getting our 'sea legs'... but it always seems that we miss the 'hidden secrets' of the ship until the last days.

To the Fans of Celebrity Eclipse... can you share the 'secrets' of this ship?:

* What was your favorite part of Eclipse?

* Did you learn something about the ship towards the end of your cruise that you wish you knew at the beginning?....such as: the special hide-a-way spot, the best bar, the loose slot machine;), the hidden door to the stern/empty hallway/easy access to the theater?

* If you could do your cruise all over again... what would you do different or what would you repeat?

Thank you !:)

I'm not going on the Eclipse for 49 more days (but who's counting?). So I really like your questions. I've been on the Solstice and it's certainly not a secret, but I hit Bistro on 5 on embarkation and several times afterwards. Slow (but friendly) service, but great food, nice room and it was never crowded.

I anxiously await others' comments.

Hi, We are preparing for our 2/26 cruise on Eclipse. I read through lots of very good reviews and they were very helpful in selecting this ship.

During the first days we love exploring the ship and getting our 'sea legs'... but it always seems that we miss the 'hidden secrets' of the ship until the last days.

To the Fans of Celebrity Eclipse... can you share the 'secrets' of this ship?:

* What was your favorite part of Eclipse?

* Did you learn something about the ship towards the end of your cruise that you wish you knew at the beginning?....such as: the special hide-a-way spot, the best bar, the loose slot machine;), the hidden door to the stern/empty hallway/easy access to the theater?

* If you could do your cruise all over again... what would you do different or what would you repeat?

Thank you !:)

Great question!!! And I'll see ya on the 2/26 sailing!

First of all, my spouse and I have been on numerous cruises and Eclipse was our first Celebrity cruise. It was also our favorite.

Secrets:

I am not sure they are still secrets but we enjoyed lunches and Breakfast from time to time at the Aqua Spa Cafe. Read the menu for breakfast. There is more than just muffins and croissants. The coffee is better than the MDR. And don't let anyone tell you different bit it IS open before sailing. Staff will try to lead you to the buffet but head for the Aqua Spa Cafe. Much quieter (at least it was in late November).

If you are receiving a bottle of champagne in your room it can be brought to your dining room and exchanged for a bottle of wine. We were given a nice credit and paid a couple of dollars more for an excellent white.

Do Overs:

Our next trip is on the Constellation in the spring. I have heard many great things about her but the one thing she does not have that I will dearly miss is QSINE. I want to try the other half of their menu. No wait, I want to have the same things again, no wait... Book now, arrive hungry. What else can I say that has not been said before.

Wish We had done:

The Costume Party that the crew puts on in the main foyer. We passed quite a few of the participants on the way back to our cabin. It looked like so much fun but we were not sure what it was about and skipped it. Heard from others it was quite the party.

Wish we had booked a back to back. Verandas during a "special" were going for $799 with an OBC.

Hope this helps. Have a great cruise.

P.S. Almost forgot. Do not miss any of the Cirque type performances.

First of all, my spouse and I have been on numerous cruises and Eclipse was our first Celebrity cruise. It was also our favorite.

Wish We had done:

The Costume Party that the crew puts on in the main foyer. We passed quite a few of the participants on the way back to our cabin. It looked like so much fun but we were not sure what it was about and skipped it. Heard from others it was quite the party.

Hope this helps. Have a great cruise.

Eclipse is also our favorite X ship (so far).

Bistro on 5 and Qsine are a must do. Allow at least 3 hours for your dinner in Qsine.

We were able to see the "costume party" held one evening in the atrium, very entertaining (I have them on video dancing to the "Time Warp" :D).

We love to have breakfast on our verandah most every morning.

I'm not going on the Eclipse for 49 more days (but who's counting?). So I really like your questions. I've been on the Solstice and it's certainly not a secret, but I hit Bistro on 5 on embarkation and several times afterwards. Slow (but friendly) service, but great food, nice room and it was never crowded.

I anxiously await others' comments.

Good questions! We'll be on Eclipse 2/26 as well.

Following this thread with interest since I'll be on board in May. First time on an S class ship.

And first time not in concierge class, so no champagne to take to the MDR and trade in for good bottle of wine. We've always just sent ours down and shared it with the table, but this is probably a better option.

Keep the tips coming! Thanks.

Secrets:

And don't let anyone tell you different bit it IS open before sailing. Staff will try to lead you to the buffet but head for the Aqua Spa Cafe. Much quieter (at least it was in late November).

Wish We had done:

Thank you for all your tips! These are very interested and can wait to try/see them!

Not sure if they do this on every Eclipse cruise, but sign up for "Thriller" Dance lessons. I don't want to spoil things but it will be useful towards the end of the cruise.

Hmmm.... this would be something I would have skipped... now you got me to thinking I should attend !:D Thank you!

Blu - Brk and Din (we were AC), decor, staff, theatre shows, Acapella group, bedding.

Can't wait to sail her again in the same cabin in Aug for a Baltic cruise.

I'm jealous you can travel on her again and i haven't even step foot on her yet !;)

Can I assume that since bedding is in your list of "likes", the bed is soft and there is enough pillows?

Was 7:30 - 8:30 pm on San Juan night and Costa Maya night. Open to all. Had the jazz quartet. Both times I truly wanted to attend, both times missed it. There is so much else to do in that time slot...dinner, show, etc. There was a good article in Fridays Wall Street Journal on cruise ships outdoor venues with photo of the San Juan lawn concert showing very few people. With advance planning, hope more of you can fit it in..it's a great idea.

Archived