Laundry on Eurodam

Karadad

that's okay Old Salty Dog

this site hasn't been working well for a couple of weeks -- and today has been really bad

yes -- there are no self-service laundries on the vista or signature class ships

our cabin stewards pick up our laundry bag at 8 am -- and only a couple of times have we gotten it back on the same day

We've personally found we save money by doing the laundry by the bag vs the unlimited plans. You'd be amazed at how much you can fit into the bag! We get about 5 days' worth of laundry (socks, underwear, 3-4 pair pants, 4-5 shirts/blouses) in it if you roll them tightly. All come back ironed nicely. Love the service!

Are these bags in the cabin already? Where? And assuming the charges are added to the shipboard account?

Thanks all! I'm sure that we'll be taking advantage of the bag service too! I can probably convince the husband to only do laundry once...ok, maybe twice! lol

We've personally found we save money by doing the laundry by the bag vs the unlimited plans. You'd be amazed at how much you can fit into the bag! We get about 5 days' worth of laundry (socks, underwear, 3-4 pair pants, 4-5 shirts/blouses) in it if you roll them tightly. All come back ironed nicely. Love the service!

That's what I'm trying to decide about! My T.A. says that the unlimited package will cost $154 (we're onboard for 22 nights) and that seems pretty expensive.

$20 a bag seems to make more sense. Do you know the exact amount (including taxes, etc.) a bag costs? :confused:

Are these bags in the cabin already? Where? And assuming the charges are added to the shipboard account?

Thanks all! I'm sure that we'll be taking advantage of the bag service too! I can probably convince the husband to only do laundry once...ok, maybe twice! lol

the laundry bag will be on a hanger in one of the closets along with a laundry list that you fill out with what is in the bag

yes -- the charge will go on your shipboard account

That's what I'm trying to decide about! My T.A. says that the unlimited package will cost $154 (we're onboard for 22 nights) and that seems pretty expensive.

$20 a bag seems to make more sense. Do you know the exact amount (including taxes, etc.) a bag costs? :confused:

Just keep in mind that these HAL laundry bags are pretty small--they are probably about a 18" x 10" cylinder (if my recollection serves me right). Perhaps a little more volume than the typical small trash can I use in my powder room or bedroom. However, as others have pointed out, you can stuff alot into them. But they are definitely NOT the same 13-15 gallon, American-sized laundry bags you might find being used by your local dry cleaners.

Oh and one other thing for those considering the unlimited package: Unless things have changed, you can only send out one bag every other day because the laundry doesn't come back until the evening of the next day. On top of that, you can't send out a load the night before you debark of course. So, for our 12-day cruise for example, that pretty much means we can only get 5-6 loads out of it maximum.

$20 exactly. There's no taxes, service charges, or any additional fees.

There's also no discounts.

the laundry bag will be on a hanger in one of the closets along with a laundry list that you fill out with what is in the bag

That's how it was on the Oosterdam but it wasn't that way on the Westerdam. I had to ask my stewards to leave them. That said they weren't good so I'm surprised I didn't have to ask them to clean the room too.

That's how it was on the Oosterdam but it wasn't that way on the Westerdam. I had to ask my stewards to leave them. That said they weren't good so I'm surprised I didn't have to ask them to clean the room too.

on 2008 on the westerdam we were doing a 26 day cruise -- constantly had to ask for a laundry bag in our SA suite

in 2009 we were in the penthouse for 21 days -- only once in the penthouse did we have to ask for the laundry bag

lots of people were complaining about not having the laundry bags on both cruises

I wanted to do my laundry last week on our cruise. My room steward nicely put it that the Eurodam was a classier ship and as such, passengers weren't expected to do their own laundry. Laundry for the week was $60. It was worth it. We spilled some food and also didn't want to take home dirty clothes.

Archived