Labadee & Cabanas

uncleah

Hey Cheryl,

I have B1 confirmed for my gang. I e-mailed Carlos on Sunday night and heard back within the hour.

Hey Shar, Got it all taken care of! Carlos thought he had e mailed me back but I never got it so I am glad I reached out to him again. Cabanas are going fast! Requested W1 & W2 and already gone. So we are in W3 & W4 which I think will be good since we are a group of 12 and they are connecting. Just a tinch concerned about the little guys and being over the water.

Hey Shar, Got it all taken care of! Carlos thought he had e mailed me back but I never got it so I am glad I reached out to him again. Cabanas are going fast! Requested W1 & W2 and already gone. So we are in W3 & W4 which I think will be good since we are a group of 12 and they are connecting. Just a tinch concerned about the little guys and being over the water.

That's great! I wouldn't worry that much about the water, they would have to climb over the rail which is pretty high.

A word of warning to all, the entrance into the water is quite rocky. I would recommend water shoes to everyone.

Thanks for all the info. We are looking to rent one for our nov cruise too. But we had 6 adults and 3 small kids so hope we can do it. Maybe the extra child can get under someone else (hint hint Kelly!!!) We will see as we are diamond but only in JS to be close to the kids.

I'll take that hint. I've almost got Doug talked into renting one :)

That's great! I wouldn't worry that much about the water, they would have to climb over the rail which is pretty high.

A word of warning to all, the entrance into the water is quite rocky. I would recommend water shoes to everyone.

Climbing over the rail - :eek: - you don't know my little guys!:):)

Can I just have access to the beach, if in a JS. Without having a cabana? I see many beach chairs in the above pic. Would I then have access to the kicked-up BBQ...steak & shrimp? Just a thought.

No sorry - JS does not have access - unless you rent a cabana - you would probably have to get on wait list - open to GS and above and D+ first. Hope you get it.

I dont remember Barefoot beach as rocky at all. The other beaches on the other side are but barefoot is very sandy or it was this summer

It is sandy, but right where the water touches the shore there are a lot of small rocks rolling around and you have to be careful where you are walking. It seems to get better as you get in deeper.

I dont remember Barefoot beach as rocky at all. The other beaches on the other side are but barefoot is very sandy or it was this summer

It is sandy, but right where the water touches the shore there are a lot of small rocks rolling around and you have to be careful where you are walking. It seems to get better as you get in deeper.

I was there in November. The beach is beautiful and the first few feet of water are fine too, but it gets quite rocky for a few feet after that. I was okay without the water shoes, but will make sure I have them for myself and the kids next month.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on Allure in May in a GS. I didn't know about barefoot beach. Is it only for D+ and GS and above? With so many suites on allure vs the other ships the chances are not as good for a cabanna. I wonder if the start with the most expensive suites and go down from there or email all at the same time. ?? again so if you are in a suite you just wait for an email from your concierge? I heard on the other part there is a DJ and games. Anything for the barefoot beach side? Anyone off of Oasis or Allure? Was barefoot beach mobbed due to all the suites? Thanks!!!

I'm on Allure in May in a GS. I didn't know about barefoot beach. Is it only for D+ and GS and above? With so many suites on allure vs the other ships the chances are not as good for a cabanna. I wonder if the start with the most expensive suites and go down from there or email all at the same time. ?? again so if you are in a suite you just wait for an email from your concierge? I heard on the other part there is a DJ and games. Anything for the barefoot beach side? Anyone off of Oasis or Allure? Was barefoot beach mobbed due to all the suites? Thanks!!!

It is only for GS and above for Barefoot Beach but there is another way to get in. If someone in a GS rents a cabana, they may bring in guests regardless of their cabin class. If all the cabanas are not rented, then they open them to D+ guests. Once you have a booked cabana you can bring in guests if you want.

You should get an email from the concierge about a week before the cruise. In that they will mention the cabanas. If you are really interested, you can email the concierge earlier. We did that on Explorer in January about 2 weeks before and were confirmed even before we got the "official" email.

There are standard, beach front, hilltop and over water cabanas. Price is 150,175, 175 and 200. You will get lounge chairs, sofa, cieling fan, cooler with water, floats and snorkeling equipment. You also have an attendant. The buffet includes grilled shrimp and steak.

The area is like a gated community. We found it to be great and we thought the cabana was worth the money. There were no organized activites but we were looking to just relax and it was great for that.

We were the only ship in port the day we were there so I don't know how it would work if there were more than one. There were a couple empty ones but we were on Explorer and don't know how it would have been on a bigger ship.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
We gave our guy 20$ he seemed to be very happy with it. It was just 2 of us.

Same for us, $20. We had a over the water cabana.

BUT don't forget the guy who meets you at the gate, makes a big fuss over you, gives you your bracelets, walks you to your cabana talking the whole way telling you everything you need to know about Barefoot beach, introduces you to your attendant for the day,,,,,,,then stands there expecting his tip. (like the classic bellboy in the movies) Which we did, $5.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

We're considering a cabina on our November cruise. Are there hammocks on Barefoot Beach?

There were at least one or two close by our cabana when we were there in November.

How did you contact the concierge? Im going on the allure in AUG and staying in owners suite wanted to rent a cabana ahead of time and cant seem to contact them.

Wow, I'm going on the Allure in Aug too! :p I would love to come and visit you in the owners suite. I can even babysit for you if you wish. ;) If you want to share a cabana I would love to spend time with you and your family. My life partner said that I was really good with kids. Hoping to meet you!

:)

• 1 month later...
Were there any empty ones..or ones that you know of that were rented to non GS and above guests?

i've read they give wrist bands to access the 'private' beach area...so not just 'anyone' can access teh area and pull "squatter's rights" to the cabanas...

Archived