Labadee & Cabanas

uncleah

We emailed the concierge 2 weeks before the cruise and said we wanted to book a cabana with good shade. We got an email back that one was reserved for us. When we got on the ship, we checked with him to make sure and everything was set. It was the first thing we were able to book without having to pay for it first.

There are standard cabanas for $150. Hilltop and beach for $175. Overwater for $200. I think there are only 2 of those. We had a standard and got the shade that we wanted. It was great.

This is great to know, thanks!! We have a GS for our next cruise and was debating whether or not to get a Cabana. I think now we will. :D

How much ahead should you contact about a cabana? We are leaving in a little over a month.

Thanks........Sharon;)

You should hear from the concierge about a week before your cruise. We emailed him about 2 weeks before and he confirmed a couple days later.

I know there is a cooler with ice and bottled water in the cabana. Can you tell me if they re-fill the cooler if you drink all the water or do you just get a certain amount of bottles? We're big water drinkers so are just wondering.

I know there is a cooler with ice and bottled water in the cabana. Can you tell me if they re-fill the cooler if you drink all the water or do you just get a certain amount of bottles? We're big water drinkers so are just wondering.

They refilled our water for us. No problem.

We rented a over-the-water cabanna the night before docking on the Jewel Jan14-24th. There were 6-8 cabanna's still empty the day we were there. My wife and I were not suite guest, just went to see the concierge, no problems. Its a very fun and relaxing experience.

Dear friends:

We were in Labadee at the end of November. We had never been there before.

The way the cabana was described to us in trying to sell it to us was that it was a luxurious, secluded experience. They even tried to sell us having the Spa therapists come to the beach and give us a romantic oceanview massage inside the cabana. We quickly jumped at the $175.00 (although we didn't book the massage).

We're sure glad we didn't book the intimate massage, because we were quite surprised at the fact that the cabanas were so close together, and that you could see into each cabana.

The cabana itself was okay. For the money they charge, we thought they would have had a private dressing area and shower inside.

We enjoyed the experience, but next time we would be just as happy pulling up two lounge chairs in front of the ocean and enjoying the day without the cabana.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

Thanks for the buffet information.

We used a cabana when they were first built and before the beach was private and you had to rent them. There were really no extras, no padded bench or cushioned lounge chairs, no cooler with water, just the cabana with a table and chairs inside and you went and got your lounge chairs. We really enjoyed our day there so I think it will be worth it for us. Not sure I would rent one for only two people though.

I just discovered that cabanas exist (and there's a dock :eek:!) - the last time we were at Labadee was 2003 - so it's been a while.

I put us on a wait list for a cabana just to see if we get one - we're only in a JS, and won't be diamond plus until after this cruise - two strikes, plus we're cruising over March break, so I'm thinking three strikes.

But....now that a I had a look around at pics & read some info... I think a lounger, shade, maybe rent a floatie thingie...a good day is in the offing.

Check out this video. Shows everything about barefoot beach.

B-52----Love your video. We had a cabana rented last Nov., but because of storms we missed Labadee. Will be going again this Nov. and sure plan on renting another one. Just wondering what # the cabana is on the far left of the video (closest to ship) on the water. Looks like a really great spot!!

Thanks again for posting this!!

I think they are between 150.00 to 200.00. I would think the closer ones are the more expensive. All the water front ones for our cruise were already gone. But I am sure they are all fine.

Sharon

standard is $150, beachfront and hilltop are $175 and overwater are $200.

Since there is a limit to 6 people, are you allowed 'visitors'? I would love to see it in person. hint, hint :rolleyes:

Erika

If you are a suite guest you can in to Barefoot. If you rent a suite you can bring others with you up to 6 total. You have to give their names to the concierge so he can put them on the list.

I just e-mailed our conierge, Carlos, (he is very good) and he reserved a cababa for our up coming cruise. They do go very fast on full cruises. I think the ones over the water were already reserved and our cruise is still a month away.

Sharon;)

Sharon, could you tell me his e mail address - I believe we are on the same cruise.

We were just at Labadee on Jewel of the Seas and really enjoyed the use of a cabana at Barefoot Beach. I have to minimize my exposure to the sun and having a cabana allowed us to stay ashore for the entire day. We had a standard cabana near the hillside cabanas and only a short walk to the water. snorkeling gear and water floats were also available at no additional cost. Transportation to the marketplace, the Dragon's Tail coaster and back to the dock were readily available. We did invite a friend who was not Diamond Plus to join us in the cabana and she really appreciated the opportunity. There were. surprisingly enough, several unoccupied cabanas available when we were there. Food at the special buffet lunch was excellent. There were several hammocks at Barefoot beach.

How do you get on the "wait list" now for your cruise in March? We are sailing in April in a JS and are Diamond members so we would like to get on the list now rather than waiting until we board.

Thanks!

I emailed the Diamond Lounge concierge inquiring about the cabanas and I was advised we would be wait listed until the Suites and D+s responded to requests for cabanas. There is a list of emails on a roll I found the other day - Merion Mom posted it, but I don't recall the thread - see if you can find her on the boards. She's a great help.

Archived