Labadee & Cabanas

uncleah

We decided to go for a GS on our 1/16/11 Explorer. Since we had gone that far, we decided to go for the cabana at Barefoot Beach. We think it was a great decision. Attached are a few pictures to give you an idea of what it was like. If I can help with any more information, please ask.

IMG_0029.jpg.91f7f31e81768730158580b7f4b39512.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg.ad08bd1a6a71d236ffc0364a77f73685.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg.ad2afaa828439f89ccefc79d804dee68.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg.7d2010347b91fb1ec89f99cb3126ee7a.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg.3e73db3e11cd060a1fa637e700e40f99.jpg

We would like to get a cabana next month when we're in Labadee. We're booked in the RFS. But we have a group of 8 and I have heard that the limit per cabana is 6. We don't want the expense of renting 2 cabanas. Do you happen to know if they ever allow 8 in one cabana?

We would like to get a cabana next month when we're in Labadee. We're booked in the RFS. But we have a group of 8 and I have heard that the limit per cabana is 6. We don't want the expense of renting 2 cabanas. Do you happen to know if they ever allow 8 in one cabana?

I think 6 is the limit, but I would email the concierge and ask.

We rented a cabana last month and felt the same way as the OP. Well worth the money, and we'll go the same route next time.

As far as having more than 6 in a cabana. I know that is the rule but I think I've read other posts that led me to think it could be allowed. I think it may depend on whether the group is obnoxious:). The biggest issue is being able to get all 8 people onto the private beach. Since you're in the RFS I am assuming that all 8 people are in that suite and you'd all have access anyway.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

We're considering a cabina on our November cruise. Are there hammocks on Barefoot Beach?

Didn't see any at Barefoot, but there were some across the road on the open access beach, but not many.

Were there any empty ones..or ones that you know of that were rented to non GS and above guests?

When we were there in January there were no empty cabanas. I don't know if any were rented to non-GS+ guests, but I do know that there was a D+ guest asking the concierge about one the night before and he wasn't able to reserve one at that point (waiting for the actual day I think). I do know that when I was reading up on Barefoot beach before our cruise I read many posts that discussed instances when GS+ guests didn't take up all of the cabanas. After suite guest they are opened to D+ and D as far as I know.

Thank you for the great pics. How did you reserve one? Also, did you reserve before the cruise and how? One other thing, lol, what is the difference in the cabanas as far as the price. I notice 150.00 or 200.00. Thanks again for the info.

Sharon

We emailed the concierge 2 weeks before the cruise and said we wanted to book a cabana with good shade. We got an email back that one was reserved for us. When we got on the ship, we checked with him to make sure and everything was set. It was the first thing we were able to book without having to pay for it first.

There are standard cabanas for $150. Hilltop and beach for $175. Overwater for $200. I think there are only 2 of those. We had a standard and got the shade that we wanted. It was great.

We rented a cabana last month and felt the same way as the OP. Well worth the money, and we'll go the same route next time.

As far as having more than 6 in a cabana. I know that is the rule but I think I've read other posts that led me to think it could be allowed. I think it may depend on whether the group is obnoxious:). The biggest issue is being able to get all 8 people onto the private beach. Since you're in the RFS I am assuming that all 8 people are in that suite and you'd all have access anyway.

We're not all in the RFS. A couple is in a JS. But we're traveling as a group and we don't want to go somewhere that they are not allowed. Sure would love to get a cabana though. Guess I'll check with the conceirge.

Thanks for the information.

We're not all in the RFS. A couple is in a JS. But we're traveling as a group and we don't want to go somewhere that they are not allowed. Sure would love to get a cabana though. Guess I'll check with the conceirge.

Thanks for the information.

Everyone in the suite can get into Barefoot. You could get one cabana and put the JS people down as guests. That would get them in. What happens after that is up to you. Working something out with the concierge couldn't hurt.

Last October we were allowed 8 in the cabana, our party consisted of 6 adults and 2 children we had to give the conciege the cabin numbers of all parties when he took the booking, however he didn't make the booking there and then but told me to go back that evening but that he was sure he would be able to book it for us.

I'm not sure I want to get a cabana. We are wanting to do the zipline and possibly the wave runners as well as hanging out at the beach so not sure the extra expense for the cabana is worth it. If we don't rent a cabana are there chairs on barefoot beach for us to use?

Thank you for all the great info!!! I totally forgot that we will have access to Barefoot Beach and have just informed DH that we WILL be renting a cabana :) I love the on the water ones but with little kids who love to play in the sand I think we will try for one of the beachfront ones. Just one more thing to look forward to!!!! This will be our first suite experience and I am thinking we won't ever sail any other way :)

Thanks for all the info. We are looking to rent one for our nov cruise too. But we had 6 adults and 3 small kids so hope we can do it. Maybe the extra child can get under someone else (hint hint Kelly!!!) We will see as we are diamond but only in JS to be close to the kids.

Archived