Majesty of the Seas - Oceanview Staterooms

ubish00

Hi.

I am booking a 4 day cruise on the Majesty of the Seas and was planning to book a superior oceanview cabin on deck 9. I was told they have obstructed views/the lifeboatds block the view. Can someone tell me just how badly the view is blocked.

Thank you

The view is not really blocked. Even if you have a window that has a lifeboat directly in front of it, you can easily see the ocean. The lifeboats hang slightly BELOW the windows on deck 9. I definitely prefer the superior oceanview rooms on deck 9 compared to other decks. You have about 35 sq feet of extra space. The oceanview rooms on other decks are quite small on the Majesty...so I always go for deck 9.

we were on the Majesty last weekend and had this type cabin on deck 9 - after being on the Majesty several times in other staterooms, this is the only type I will get from now on.

It was much larger than a typical oceanview (or an inside) and the obstructed view was not that much obstructed.

I would not hesitate....

If you do a search on this board under "Majesty obstructed superior" you will find a chart that a CC member prepared that shows the staterooms with the least obstructed views on Deck 9. To date, we have found it to be very accurate.

We've found those rooms to be the best value on the ship.

Les

Just make sure you view the pictures of the cabin on the RCL website. You basically have to be standing on the bed to see out the window. So unless you plan on spending a significant amount of time standing on your bed, whether it's obstructed or not really doesn't make much of a difference.

If you want a view, then get a balcony. Otherwise, you're paying for the priveledge of standing on the bed to look out a small porthole. If you just want some natural light, then the view really won't matter.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I've always had a balcony in the past and wasn't sure. And I didn't want to pay the price of a suite on this cruise.

I'm taking my niece on her first cruise and anything will be good for her.

Just make sure you view the pictures of the cabin on the RCL website. You basically have to be standing on the bed to see out the window. So unless you plan on spending a significant amount of time standing on your bed, whether it's obstructed or not really doesn't make much of a difference.

If you want a view, then get a balcony. Otherwise, you're paying for the priveledge of standing on the bed to look out a small porthole. If you just want some natural light, then the view really won't matter.

Really?

CruiseOctober2010MajestyoftheSeas014-1.jpg

If you do a search on this board under "Majesty obstructed superior" you will find a chart that a CC member prepared that shows the staterooms with the least obstructed views on Deck 9. To date, we have found it to be very accurate.

We've found those rooms to be the best value on the ship.

Les

Hi There

I must be blind but I was unable to find the chart on the staterooms for Deck 9

Hi There

I must be blind but I was unable to find the chart on the staterooms for Deck 9

I have never seen one for Deck 9. There is one for Deck 8, but that's the deck where the lifeboats hang directly in front of some windows, but other windows have the good fortune to be between lifeboats.

That's what the Deck 8 plan shows you.

As you can see from the photo that I posted (from someone else's Majesty review), you do not have to stand on anything nor do you have a "porthole" for a window on Deck 9.

I have never seen one for Deck 9. There is one for Deck 8, but that's the deck where the lifeboats hang directly in front of some windows, but other windows have the good fortune to be between lifeboats.

That's what the Deck 8 plan shows you.

As you can see from the photo that I posted (from someone else's Majesty review), you do not have to stand on anything nor do you have a "porthole" for a window on Deck 9.

Deck 8 it was. However, do note that RCI calls "most" Deck 9 staterooms obstructed as well, and we found this chart very helpful in picking the best view for Deck 9 as well (we have been on Deck 8 once and Deck 9 twice). The pink dots show the least obstructed views for Deck 8 and the cabins above them on Deck 9.

Les

majesty sov deck 8.pdf

Deck 8 it was. However, do note that RCI calls "most" Deck 9 staterooms obstructed as well, and we found this chart very helpful in picking the best view for Deck 9 as well (we have been on Deck 8 once and Deck 9 twice). The pink dots show the least obstructed views for Deck 8 and the cabins above them on Deck 9.

Les

2228772470046215528S600x600Q85.jpg

Not to be a smart-alec...but there arent any balconies on the Majesty. :o

Not to be a smart-alec...but there arent any balconies on the Majesty. :o

I KNOW #1580 is a balcony cabin - I was standing outside the perimeter of the ship and I'm SURE that was a balcony I was standing on!

Archived