Majesty of the Seas - Oceanview Staterooms

ubish00

Thanks to your deck chart, I booked Cabin #9572 yesterday for a 4 night cruise in Oct. Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Nina

Hi Nina,

I have that cabin booked on the Mar 28/11 cruise. Will let you know what it's like.

• 1 month later...
Thanks to your deck chart, I booked Cabin #9572 yesterday for a 4 night cruise in Oct. Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Nina

Hi Nina,

Just got off the Majesty and had cabin #9572. It's in a great location. As stated the lifeboats are below the window. Cabin 9572 is between 2 life boats so you get a better view from the window. Enjoy your cruise.

Just came off the Monarch and we were in room 9010. Had not problem with the room or the view. It was slightly obstructed as everyone has pointed out but you can still see the ocean; and, NO you did not have to stand on the bed to look out.

My husband and I are use to balconies also, but found the superior ocean view rooms on deck 9 to be fine. Would not hesitate to book it again.

Hopefully this will help; since they are sister ships, figured they are just about identical.

Hi Nina,

Just got off the Majesty and had cabin #9572. It's in a great location. As stated the lifeboats are below the window. Cabin 9572 is between 2 life boats so you get a better view from the window. Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you for letting me know. I hope you had a great cruise and that you also post a review of your cruise.

Is this really what an ocean view looks like? It really does look like you have to stand on the bed to look out per RCI website. What about an oceanview that sleeps 3 or 4? TIA

This is a deck 9 SOV - any other OV will have the beds against the outer wall (i.e. under the window) and will be much smaller. Two additional people can be accomodated with pullman berths in some cabins...but I don't think I would do it - it would be clausterphobic:eek:

Am I correct that on deck 9 guest can stand in front of your window and look in? I thought I read this some where?

Nope, that's deck 7 OV's - deck 9 they'd have to be standing on top of the lifeboats or hanging off the balconies on 10:cool:

Hey guys- I just wanted to post a couple pictures from a Deck 8 OV for the poster who asked about Deck 2. We were in room 8570 which was not one of the rooms with an unobstructed view listed on the diagram. Also, we had the beds separated as there were 3 of us in the room. Yes, it was a tight fit, but was manageable for the 4 night cruise.

Deck 8 OVs are 'obstructed' according to RCCL but I posted a picture of our 'obstructed view.' We were on the Monarch.

I've been reading these forums for over a year and they are awesome. I usually don't post though- I guess I need to do that more!

-Justin

1DSCN0090.jpg.0f7fa6ee28aae9018a0451b1438a4181.jpg

1DSCN0097.jpg.8450f77133fac80ea74d8f37d3a639f6.jpg

Hey guys- I just wanted to post a couple pictures from a Deck 8 OV for the poster who asked about Deck 2. We were in room 8570 which was not one of the rooms with an unobstructed view listed on the diagram. Also, we had the beds separated as there were 3 of us in the room. Yes, it was a tight fit, but was manageable for the 4 night cruise.

Deck 8 OVs are 'obstructed' according to RCCL but I posted a picture of our 'obstructed view.' We were on the Monarch.

I've been reading these forums for over a year and they are awesome. I usually don't post though- I guess I need to do that more!

-Justin

Great post! The pics really will help lots of people. Deck 8 is one of the best buys on the ship - often less than an OV on deck 2:eek:

I am booked on deck 5 my travel ageant said that on deck 5 there will be no walk bys on the ocean view cabins....She did say on deck 7 which I was considering that guest could stroll by could some one please advice me which is correct?

Thank you

I assume this is a Superior Oceanview, correct? We just booked the Majesty for October in an oceanview on deck 2. Curious as to if this is comparable.
The oceanviews on Deck 2 have small, recessed porthole windows unlike the window in the large superior OV in the picture. They are also smaller in size than superior OVs and if I recall correctly do not come with a mini-fridge.

Les

Deck 7 is the outside deck that goes around the entire ship, so this is the deck to avoid unless you like peeps being able to look into your cabin (or you enjoy keeping your drapes drawn all the time):p

This is what I was told...That is why we went to deck 5 ......so would deck 5 NOT have people being able to see in?

Thank you

• 1 month later...
I have heard that being in the front of the ship is not good.....does anyone know why? Is it noisy, rocky, too busy, etc.

I booked cabins 9508 & 9510 on deck 9

Deck 9 won't experience any noises that someone on Deck 2 all the way forward might.

And being all the way forward would only have movement issues if you are in rough seas, which is highly unlikely on the Majesty. Oh, it CAN happen, but it probably won't. :)

Archived