Where in the world is Matt Baker???

coffeebean

Matt is on the Dawn. We just came back from and awesome cruise with Matt as the CD. We had a "GOOD" time... "Wiki wiki wah". I can say I have not had another CD with as much energy. He was fantastic.

Cruise with Pedro Serra someday and enjoy his high energy without the "schtick".

PE

We were on the Dawn in Dec and Matt was not there! It was a new guy and that was his first cruise as CD. He was good but missed Matt!:(

he went back last month for a 4 month contract.. I was on the sky last yr with him..was amazing CD..

I tend to dislike cruise directors and wish most of the time that they would just tell us the vital info we need for our cruise and then just shut up. I remember groaning when Matt made his first announcement - the shtick was clearly evident (he promised us a goo-ood time, wiki wah). I thought this was going to be a very long cruise!

I was wrong. Matt won me over. He was more than just the shtick. He was always happy and energetic and was engaged every time and every where you saw him. Plus you never knew what he'd do on stage from playing a touching rendition of What a Wonderful World to even break dancing.

Again, while I agree he had a schtick, he rose above it. His style is perfect for NCL.

Does Matt and his crew still do "Fountains" and "If I Were Not Upon the Sea". I love those performances. Those performances are a perfect example of what I miss on the mega ships. The CD and their staff doesn't get as "up close and personal" with their audience.

Does Matt and his crew still do "Fountains" and "If I Were Not Upon the Sea". I love those performances. Those performances are a perfect example of what I miss on the mega ships. The CD and their staff doesn't get as "up close and personal" with their audience.

Yes - They did "Fountains" a couple of weeks ago on the last night of our Dawn cruise. Definitely worth seeing.

Anyone recently sail with Matt as Cruise Director? Which ship is he on now?

Just had my first Matt experience on the DAWN. (week of 1/28)

I loved that guy!!! Best CD we have ever had!!!! Just wrote to NCL with accolades for the entire crew including Matt. :D

Have you ever sailed with Matt?? If you had, you'd understand the fuss....until I actually sailed with the guy I didn't get it either.

I've sailed with him a couple of times. Had a few face to face interactions and was not impressed with his "people" skills. On stage he is one way, off he is another. :( Sorry, JMHO.

He is by far NOT my least favorite CD, but he is not my favorite.

PE

Archived