shuttle times @ raddisson port canaveral

cruzin w chris

shuttles starting at 12:30 from hotel to cruise port ? does that sound right to anyone ? seems awfully late to me.

That would be awfully late. But I suspect that 12:30 is the earliest time they have available. People sign up for their shuttle when they make their reservation. When we stayed there we made our reservation 9 months in advance and we were aboe to make a reservation for the first shuttle to the Carnival Dream at 10:30. They say have have different starting times for the shuttle depending on the ships in port. So the earlier shuttles may have already been booked.

Sharon

That would be awfully late. But I suspect that 12:30 is the earliest time they have available. People sign up for their shuttle when they make their reservation. When we stayed there we made our reservation 9 months in advance and we were aboe to make a reservation for the first shuttle to the Carnival Dream at 10:30. They say have have different starting times for the shuttle depending on the ships in port. So the earlier shuttles may have already been booked.

Sharon

1230 stinks, may have to catch a cab. any idea what a cab would cost from raddisson to the port ?

Yea...12:30 sounds late, but like a previous poster mentioned, that might be the first time available. Truthfully, we just sailed on FOS and stayed 1 night pre-cruise at the Radisson. Though the free shuttle sounded like a great perk, the potential hassle of several passengers lining up with their luggage to get on a bus to travel to the port seemed more than we were willing to endure...especially since you can see the ships from the hotel parking lot.

Instead, we opted for checking out by 9:30 or 10:00 and taking a taxi to the port...the fare for the two of us was a whole $10 and we were onboard and starting our vacation by 11:15! This option allowed us to bypass not only the lines at the hotel for check out and shuttle, but also the long lines that quickly began to form at the port.

Yea...12:30 sounds late, but like a previous poster mentioned, that might be the first time available. Truthfully, we just sailed on FOS and stayed 1 night pre-cruise at the Radisson. Though the free shuttle sounded like a great perk, the potential hassle of several passengers lining up with their luggage to get on a bus to travel to the port seemed more than we were willing to endure...especially since you can see the ships from the hotel parking lot.

Instead, we opted for checking out by 9:30 or 10:00 and taking a taxi to the port...the fare for the two of us was a whole $10 and we were onboard and starting our vacation by 11:15! This option allowed us to bypass not only the lines at the hotel for check out and shuttle, but also the long lines that quickly began to form at the port.

If we can't get an early shuttle time we take a cab too. We usually will ride the shuttle back after the cruise...

The lobby at the Radisson can get crazy. We were there 2 years ago for an Easter week sailing and there were tons of families. There was a problem at the port where they weren't letting anyone in which delayed the shuttles. I believe Disney ship was leaving the same day too. I think we waited for an hour in a huge crowd for our turn. On the bright side, the return shuttle was quick and painless!

We'll be there again this year for an Easter cruise. DH has already said that if it's crazy crowded that we'll take a cab. Definitely worth the $10 cab ride to remove that bit of stress!

When Norm and I used Virginia"s taxi in December, she charged us $20.00 so we did not tip - the norm according to some of the cab driver's I have spoke to is between $10.00 and up - according to which hotel you are being taken to. There should be a set fee but as psbcap stated, he is correct in what he stated.

Is it difficult to get a cab from the Raddisson or do the cabs just line up out front, like in a lot of other large hotels?

There may be some waiting but this area is small and they tend to move around. Just have the hotel call one for you or look into the phone book the night before and reserve one.

Last time we were there it cost us $10 to go TO the terminal, but surprisingly it cost us $20 to ride back to the motel.......:eek: The cab driver wasn't very thrilled to take us either. She wasn't rude about it but said all drivers prefer the longer fares to the airport. She told us the morning the ships are due back in the drivers draw numbers to see where they get to be in the line to pick up passengers. Because she had to take us back to the motel, she had to get in the "back" of the line on her return. Like I said she wasn't rude, but we could tell she wasn't at all thrilled!

On the morning we left for our cruise our cab driver offered to give us her card to call her when we returned for pick up......in hindsight I guess that's what we should have done......:o

Last time we were there it cost us $10 to go TO the terminal, but surprisingly it cost us $20 to ride back to the motel.......:eek: The cab driver wasn't very thrilled to take us either. She wasn't rude about it but said all drivers prefer the longer fares to the airport. She told us the morning the ships are due back in the drivers draw numbers to see where they get to be in the line to pick up passengers. Because she had to take us back to the motel, she had to get in the "back" of the line on her return. Like I said she wasn't rude, but we could tell she wasn't at all thrilled!

On the morning we left for our cruise our cab driver offered to give us her card to call her when we returned for pick up......in hindsight I guess that's what we should have done......:o

Diane the same thing happened to me though I was told they could not get back in line. Now I get the card of the company that takes me and call them when I get back. They are only allowed to come in if called.

Diane the same thing happened to me though I was told they could not get back in line. Now I get the card of the company that takes me and call them when I get back. They are only allowed to come in if called.

Thanks Preston........that's what we should have done last time, but with your confirmation it's definately what we will do this May & October....:D

Archived