Is there any locker/change/shower room near the swimming pool?

qiqiangzhu

thanks.

From the manual, you have to wear suits at night on some days, if you want to go swimming at that night, what can you do?

You're referring to the formal nights in the dining room, I believe, when it is recommended that you dress "fancy" for dinner and (for some) the evening.

You can still wear your "BATHING" suit and coverup on those evenings as well to go to and from the pool.

Or do you need to change the swimming suit at the your own room then rush to the swimming pool?

Why rush? If you have a nice figure, just stroll to the pool.

If, like me, you have a 'fluffy' figure, just put a nice muumu or lounging gown on over the swimsuit and stroll to the pool.

All the pools close at night. I'm not sure the time but think it might be around 7:00 P.M.

On my recent cruise on the Veendam, the Lido pool was open until 9pm, and the hot tubs were open until 10pm. The pool closed earlier if the seas were rough.

thanks.

From the manual, you have to wear suits at night on some days, if you want to go swimming at that night, what can you do?

It's easy for men on formal nights, they need to wear a penguin suit, and everybody knows that penguins swim very well in their suits!:D

Depending on the ship, the shower room has no door so there is simply a place to rinse off but not bathe and change. Also, there is no place to store your clothing while in the pool, so best just to change in your cabin and wear a cover-up to the pool.

Having had recent hip replacement surgery, I was hoping for an enclosed shower at the pool on the Maasdam so that I could use that rather than the rather high tub in our stateroom.

The showers are open, but the Sea View pool was right about our room at the stern of the ship so it was good exercise for me to just walk up the rear stairs from Deck 9 to 10 to the pool with my swimsuit and coverup...and shampoo, conditioner and a comb! And showering after my pool exercises. Swimsuit and all!

Archived