Help create an Official "Seattle FAQ" -by members for members!

LauraS

23 hours ago, slidergirl said:

sounds yummy.   Do you know anything good/bad about Wasabi Sushi & Izakaya?  It is in the vicinity.    At least I have 2 I can choose from.  Thx.

My favorite sushi places are Momji in Capitol Hill (uber from the Marriott) and Murashi's in the International District (also uberable). 

Also, just came back from Vancouver and Ramen Danbo was one of the best things I've ever eaten and they have a location in Capitol Hill as well if you're looking for other Japanese cuisine 🙂

41 minutes ago, psuboater said:

My favorite sushi places are Momji in Capitol Hill (uber from the Marriott) and Murashi's in the International District (also uberable). 

Also, just came back from Vancouver and Ramen Danbo was one of the best things I've ever eaten and they have a location in Capitol Hill as well if you're looking for other Japanese cuisine 🙂

Only 1 night in Seattle unfortunately.  And, for some reason, sushi got to the top of my list this time.  Usually, it's oysters.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2023 at 11:35 AM, slidergirl said:

I'm staying down at the Marriott Waterfront for 1 night before my cruise.  Since I'm not stopping in Vancouver this time, looking for a good Japanese/sushi/izakaya place, maybe within walking distance or cheap Uber of the Marriott...

Japonessa has tasty sushi. It's probably a 10 minute walk from the Marriott. It (and the hotel) are close to the Market but on opposite sides. It is an uphill walk getting there.

https://www.japonessa.com/japonessa-seattle

Edited by GoHawks-43-8

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2021 at 12:29 PM, stefmaia said:

https://www.dayuse.com/

Just used this site to get me a "dayroom" in Seattle to use before my 9:50pm flight.

this is great info I rented a car to take in the sites since we will be there all day before our 2 fight of the day at at 9:30 but will take this info with me just in case we need a break thanks. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This will be my first time in Seattle we are flying in at 10:30 a.m. and have reservations at the Edgewater Hotel. Can someone recommend a reasonable way to the hotel?  Also when we come back from our cruise we don’t have a flight until 4:00 p.m. what do we do with our luggage and what can we see in that short period of time? 

2 hours ago, Buffalobills said:

This will be my first time in Seattle we are flying in at 10:30 a.m. and have reservations at the Edgewater Hotel. Can someone recommend a reasonable way to the hotel?  Also when we come back from our cruise we don’t have a flight until 4:00 p.m. what do we do with our luggage and what can we see in that short period of time? 

Go Bills! The best way to get to the Edgewater from SEA with luggage is by Uber/Lyft. Once you arrive, follow signs through the parking garage to level 3. It shouldn't be more than 15-20 minutes for one for you, it's a well oiled machine. 

Check out to see if your cruise offers luggage valet on the way home - they'll check your bags for your flight directly off the cruise, freeing you up for the day. Some things to hit:

Pike Place Market

Space Needle (with the new renovations it's worth the $)

Starbucks Reserve Roastery in Capitol Hill (skip the "original" in Pike Place, it's underwhelming)

Museums:

Museum of History and Industry (MoHAI)

Museum of Pop Culture

Chilhuly Garden

I would highly recommend getting to the airport no later than 1:30 for a 4pm flight, especially if you don't have TSA Pre or Clear. In the summer, security lines can be gnarly. 

Enjoy your trip!

57 minutes ago, Buffalobills said:

Thank you! I’m cruising with Carnival and unfortunately they do not do the valet service. I just hate to carry all my luggage all over until my departure flight. 

Just a reminder that Carnival sails from Pier 91, and your very nice hotel is nearly next door to Seattle's other cruise dock, Pier 66.  So, just be prepared to take an Uber or Lyft to Pier 91 the day of your cruise.

Since you were a guest at the Edgewater, you might ask if you can leave your luggage at the hotel when you return from your cruise.

Edited by Ferry_Watcher

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Will someone give me an approximate cost for a taxi from SeaTac to the pier (Princess is 91 correct?) for 2 people. Would do a ride share but being from the country, have no knowledge of wow it works.

Thanks

6 hours ago, WmFCoyote said:

Will someone give me an approximate cost for a taxi from SeaTac to the pier (Princess is 91 correct?) for 2 people. Would do a ride share but being from the country, have no knowledge of wow it works.

Thanks

I believe it’s a fare of $60

On 6/27/2023 at 4:22 PM, WmFCoyote said:

Thanks

https://www.uber.com/global/en/price-estimate/

This is a great tool - fares will change based on demand, but this will give you a fairly accurate price range by time and distance. 

• 2 weeks later...

Would any local or maybe a local travel agent have an idea of when The Edgewater opens its books for July 2024?    I've booked my cruise, and I'm excited to stay at the Edgewater.  However it seems blacked out from June 2024 and beyond. Thanks for all your help.   Reading anything on the boards about  Seattle  right now.

My wife and I will be cruising in October to celebrate our 40th anniversary.  We are flying in the day before and wanting to provide my wife with some special treatment.

I am looking for recommendations (or "stay away froms") for black car service from the airport to downtown (staying at Marriott Waterfront).  

There are some older discussions in this forum, but they seem to be pre-covid and many businesses have changed since then.  I can search the web - but looking for recommendations from anyone that has used someone in the recent past and thought they did an excellent job.

2 hours ago, Sharon_and_TC said:

I am looking for recommendations (or "stay away froms") for black car service from the airport to downtown (staying at Marriott Waterfront).  

.... but looking for recommendations from anyone that has used someone in the recent past and thought they did an excellent job.

Congrats on 40 years

I have used Shuttle Express and had great service.

We have used their shared vans and also once used the black car service.

Here's a link directly to the car service from them...

https://shuttleexpress.com/sea-black-car/

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Alaska red king crab fishery has been cancelled for the past two years, so any king crab legs you'll get will likely have been frozen long ago. (Overfishing and climate change most likely.)

Try Dungeness crab, which is more plentiful, costs less, and is quite delicious.

Edited by Gardyloo
  • Like 1

On 8/8/2023 at 4:01 PM, deputybubba2 said:

Looking for a place between the pier and airport to get king crab legs for Lunch.

If you find yourself on the Bering Sea Crab Fisherman's tour in Ketchikan (which I highly recommend), you can treat yourselves to some crab while onboard.

https://alaskacrabtour.com/

• 1 month later...

I highly recommend this private car service (SUV).  I used them from hotel to pier 91 and from pier 91 SeaTac last month (Sept).  I think it was $119 for suv from hotel to pier. They are licensed.

Pacific Northwest Limousine Service LLC

www.pacificnorthwestlimo.com

(206) 240 -1751

any recommendations for private car service from Lax?
Good hotels in Long Beach near good restaurants, non sea food please.  

Above just quoted a private car (through another company) $252 from LAX to Long Beach pier.

Thanks, 

Caribensun

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone drive from Seattle to Mount St. Helens?  We'll be in Seattle a few days before our Alaska cruise departs next July and were thinking about driving down there one day.  I understand the road to the observatory is closed due to a landslide that damaged it severely.  Any word on if they expect it to be re-opened by June, 2024?

It is possible to do a day trip.  It is a very FULL day trip.  You want to hit the road early since puget sound region traffic can be a beast .  Advantage is you are going, in general counter commute on weekdays.

The road closure has no planned reopening.  It is closed at the winter gate and the location and elevation somewhat prevents work until next Spring.

You can visit the science and learning center  though you may feel you don't get the whole experience without visiting Johnson Ridge .  I would agree with this.  

You will probably have to put this on the nice if we can, but not make 100% sure plan.  I would suggest Paradise at Mt Rainier as a nice alternative .

Getting seats on the correct side of the plane can get you bonus views of these mountains 

• Thanks 1