Denali Princess shuttle to park

travellingnana

We are travelling to Alaska on a Princess cruisetour in August. Rather than take the Natural History Tour through Princess, we have opted to take an Eielson shuttle Bus on our own. I chose an 8AM departure time. Will I be able to take a shuttle from the hotel over to the park in time to get on my bus? I suppose I should have asked this question first...

If you are staying at the Denali Princess, they have a shuttle that departs hourly beginning at 7am that will take you to the Wilderness Access Center where you will catch the bus to go back into the park. You should book the Eielson shuttle bus as soon as you can.

From the Princess Lodge web site. I would print this out and take it with me just in case they change the schedule....

Wildlife, Adventure, And Much More

Part of the allure of Denali National Park is that you never know what you might see. Princess professionals at the Tour Desk are available to arrange a tour into the Park for a glimpse of its impressive ecosystem -- ask for the Tundra Wilderness Tour or Natural History Tour. Or perhaps you'd like to go river rafting, learn about the sport of sled dog racing from Iditarod® musher Jeff King or take a flight via airplane or helicopter for a unique perspective of this immense wilderness preserve. We also provide shuttle service hourly from 7 am to 7 pm between the Lodge and the Denali National Park Visitors Center, the Wilderness Access Center and Horseshoe Lake for $5 roundtrip per person. After a day of adventure, return to your cozy wilderness lodge for some peaceful Alaska sleep.

If the shuttle is not running is it possible to walk from Princess Lodge to the visitor centre and if so how long would it take

Depends on how fast you walk - we found it a very pleasant 20-30 min. They will give you a map with distances so you can decide when you get there the night before. Make sure to wear layers, we encountered warm weather, cold weather, sun, clouds, wind and rain - all in the short time to walk there.

If the shuttle is not running is it possible to walk from Princess Lodge to the visitor centre and if so how long would it take

Depends on how fast you walk and your condition - we found it a very pleasant 20-30 min, starting out with a bridge overlooking the Nenana River and then through a lovely but hilly, wooded nature trail. The Lodge can give you a map with distances so you can make up your mind when you get there. We had no choice; our bus was so early the shuttles were not running yet.

Make sure to wear layers: we encountered warm weather, cold weather, sun, clouds, wind and rain - all in the short time to walk from the Lodge to the Visitor's Center.

Archived