Should I wait for the Tuesday Sale for my sailing?

HalfMoon

Looking to book the Eclipse for the April 2nd sailing 7 nights Western Caribbean.

Next Tuesday's special doesn't include this sailing. What are the chances this sailing will appear in the sale? Is it worthwhile to wait?

Hi Half Moon !

There's no way of knowing if or when your sailing might appear on the Exciting Deals list. As next Tuesday's list has been announced, that rules out next week. Beyond that, 4 of the 5 sailings on Tuesday's list are for salings after 4/2, so I'd say the odds are not great.

I hope this helps. Good Luck !

Not sure if you should wait! I can say if you do and the sale happens for your cruise, the savings is good. We were booked for the April 11 Equinox sailing and we cancelled b/c our TA told us about the "Tuesday Sales". We have been so nervous and were going to rebook this week no matter a sale or not. We lucked out. Our cruise was on the Tuesday Sale and we saved close to a $1000.00. We are booked in a 2A cat that was originally $1499pp plus taxes and we paid $999pp plus taxes. I don't know if we would ever take the risk again even though the savings can be significant only because we cruise every year the same time and to think there was a possibility of us not being on the cruise of our choice for our anniversary was very stressful. Having the cruise booked has given us much relief and now we can concentrate on the shore excursions and specialty dining.

I know this is probably of no help, but I just thought I would share our recent experience with the "Tuesday Sale"

Good Luck with your decision.

Penny

Looking to book the Eclipse for the April 2nd sailing 7 nights Western Caribbean.

Next Tuesday's special doesn't include this sailing. What are the chances this sailing will appear in the sale? Is it worthwhile to wait?

I was going to wait it out, but broke down and bought at a price and a level of cabin I could live with. I went cheap(er) with a 2C instead of a CC or 1A. I travel solo, so the price is premium ($1427) no matter the rate. My sailing 2/26/11 Eclipse never made it to "Tuesday," even though when I bought about six weeks ago there were a lot of cabins still available. I really wanted a Suite at the Tuesday price and the 150% single supplement. I am doing the October 22 Transatlantic, so I tried to be sensible.

That link doesn't seem to have Med cruises listed on it? Is there another link for that?

The Tuesday sale only has a few cruises that have special pricing for new bookings - there are not separate listing for different destinations. It is hit or miss as to which cruise will appear - usually they are for cruises within the near future which have a large number of unsold cabin categories. And the prime cabin locations are usually not available for these sales as those are booked early. Actually it is suprising to see cruises for April listed in February - usually it had cruises that are only 4-6 weeks away.

If you truly want a particular cruise, you should book it at the price you feel comfortable doing. The Tuesday sale is more for last minute bookings.

"Bookmark" is the same as "Favorites". Put's the link in a special "file" for easy access. Usually on your computer's tool bar.

We just did our first Tuesday Sale booking. Unless you live close to the port, airfare can be a huge factor. Luckily, it worked out for us this time.

As someone else stated, not all cruises end up on the sale. Some weeks it is only 2 or 3, other weeks maybe 10. Since we've been watching, the majority seem to be for the Caribbean out of Miami, Ft Lauderdale, or San Juan.

Hopefully, there will be some out of Cape Liberty come spring/summer.

Sara

Archived