Embarkation Time

irishayes

We are first-time cruisers and are going on the Celebrity Summit March 26.

My question is about boarding times. The trip documents say 2:00, but we are Concierge Class, which is supposed to get us earlier embarkation/debarkation times. Any suggestions on this?

If we were to board early, are the pools open for swimming/lounging?

Thanks for the info!

My question is about boarding times. The trip documents say 2:00, but we are Concierge Class, which is supposed to get us earlier embarkation/debarkation times. Any suggestions on this?

Thanks for the info!

Congratulations on your first cruise! You will have a wonderful time.

Unfortunately, despite the claim, Concierge class does not give you earlier boarding. We try to arrive at the port around 11:00 am. Celebrity is quite efficient when it comes to embarkation, and you should be through the line and on the ship quite quickly.

The pool area will be open. You will also be able to get lunch in the buffet.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

Thanks for the info!

The last two times the check-in has been very quick and no crowds or lines. Since we spend the night before in San Juan we don't get there til 1:30 or so. Also there is nothing within walking distance of the dock. If you want to checkin and getoff the ship you would have to take a taxi. If you get there to early the cabin may not be ready so you may have to keep your carry-on with you. Last year there we people still waiting at 2:00 for there cabin to be ready.The buffet and bars are open.

We will be on the Summit the week before you. We love the Summit.

Have a great time, it is very good ship.

Hi,:) I was on Summit Feb 5th and we boarded around the noon hour.

Pool is available along with the buffet for lunch. Cabins were not ready

till about 1:00pm.

Have a wonderful cruise and wish I could stowaway with you;):D:)

Embarcation Usually goes smoothly but there are exceptions so bring along some flexibility.We have gotten onboard as early as 11:00 a.m. Our last cruise in Sept. the ship on the previous cruise hit some weather and didn't get into port until 1:00 p.m.We didn't get to board until 5:30 p.m.On an Hawaiian cruise a few years ago there was a medical emergency on the previous cruise which resulted in the ship coming in to San Diego a full day late.So buy travel insurance and have a back up plan at all times.enjoy your cruise!

Archived