Mariner OTS 1/9/2011 Last MR from LA

Darkwolfe

Thank you for letting me live vicariously through your videos.

I watched every single one.

Mariner is my favorite ship, and I already miss her.

I liked your videos of Stone Island and the horses. That is the one thing I haven't done yet, but will be doing next time I go. It was nice to get a preview of what awaits.

:) Thanks again.

Cross posted in the Video area too, but not everyone gets over there so I dropped them here as well.

Enjoy!

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Looks like you rode with Randi at Stone Island, and can't believe that we missed you. Randi came over to our table to exchance gifts from her old roomate from Phoenix, and then we started drinking with Victor.

Victor's will never be the same. He gave us a farewell party, and if anyone wants me to post a couple of pictures.......let me know!

Your pictures are beautiful..........fantastic, and more than anything.....very memorable!! Thank you so much for sharing!:)

Rick

Thanks Darkwolfe! It was really nice meeting you guys at the CP for drinks as well as on and off during the cruise. The videos are awesome. We can actually have something to remember our cruise. It was nice yaking with you while we were on the balcony above you. The picture of your honey looking up was PRICELESS. Take care buddy and shoot me an e-mail every now and then. We are still trying to figure out where to go next. :D

Cross posted in the Video area too, but not everyone gets over there so I dropped them here as well.

Enjoy!

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Hi: These were great, great pictures! Tried finding a "hump" balcony on 8th deck, but couldn't find one....We are booking 8620 Mariner, Oct. 2011. Is there a full sliding door on the balcony or a "door" that opens to the Balcony.

Any help is greatly appreciated and we loved the videos!!! Keep on sharing and safe sails always.

Re Hi: These were great, great pictures! Tried finding a "hump" balcony on 8th deck, but couldn't find one....We are booking 8620 Mariner, Oct. 2011. Is there a full sliding door on the balcony or a "door" that opens to the Balcony.

UANDME, We were in 9622 which is right in the middle of the hump and the doors are just like the balconies. We really enjoyed our balcony. Have a great trip, you will love the Mariner.:D

Thanks for the cheers folks!

Droop- If you'd have held off until Jan 29 2012 you could have joined us on Mariner again. :D Hope to catch another wave with you guys in the future!

Eng23- Seemed like it captured some excitement to me. Too many cruise videos with slow music in my opinion.

Hopefully by next year's trip I'll have improved my editing skills a bit. I know our day in Belize will quite likely get "Welcome to the Jungle" as the background music! :eek:

• 1 month later...
Re Hi: These were great, great pictures! Tried finding a "hump" balcony on 8th deck, but couldn't find one....We are booking 8620 Mariner, Oct. 2011. Is there a full sliding door on the balcony or a "door" that opens to the Balcony.

UANDME, We were in 9622 which is right in the middle of the hump and the doors are just like the balconies. We really enjoyed our balcony. Have a great trip, you will love the Mariner.:D

You don't by some chance have a picture of your balcony do you? I have a choice of 9622 or 9620 or I am looking at aft cabins. Did a search and can't find any pictures. Also, can you see forward and aft from 9622? In the book it looks slightly to the rear of the hump, but I have read it is actually center hump. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Hey Cruzin I'm sorry that I've not responded in a while. From the balcony for the room that we were in you can see forward and aft of the ship. I'm trying to download one of the pictures from the balcony. The one I have is looking at the aft part of the ship but you will see exactly the same for the forward. It's really a great balcony to have. You can see so much on both sides. I hope this helps.

Enjoy!

We too are from Kansas City and are going back on the Mariner about a month after you go back. It is our favorite ship! have a great cruise!

Choosin I'm having trouble with downloading the picture. You will love the view from both sides so I would take it if it's not too late.

Thank you so much.....I really appreciate your effort. I know how that can be some times. I ended up getting 9620 (on the Adventure I forgot to say) so I am happy. I wasn't sure whether I could get that one so I was prepared with 9622 just in case :D. I love the balcony on the Mariner so much more though because it has all glass, instead of steel part of the way up, but it will still be great!! I just wasn't sure if the balcony seems any larger than the ones in the "E" category. Supposedly they are by measurements. If you don't mind me asking one more question: Did you still just have 2 regular chairs out there or were there more?

choozin to me the balconies seemed to be the same size as the others. There were two regular chairs on the balconies. We really enjoyed sitting on

the balconies. I hope you have a wonderful cruise. I wish we were on one right now. I'm sick of this rain up here in WA state. Have a great trip.:D

choozin' cruzin'- I actually didn't take a picture of the balcony itself from my cabin this trip. Pretty much a standard side balcony for the Voyager class ships. Only real difference is that it's a center hump balcony so it has better views forward and aft.

Hmm.. Only still picture I posted looking forward is this one. Right in the middle of a fog bank lol.

5365652616_bd04035d64.jpg

Thick fog by Wulfgar28, on Flickr

Luv2CruiseRCL2- More Texas transplants! :D Seem to be a lot of us up here!

choozin' cruzin'- I actually didn't take a picture of the balcony itself from my cabin this trip. Pretty much a standard side balcony for the Voyager class ships. Only real difference is that it's a center hump balcony so it has better views forward and aft.

Hmm.. Only still picture I posted looking forward is this one. Right in the middle of a fog bank lol.

5365652616_bd04035d64.jpg

Thick fog by Wulfgar28, on Flickr

Luv2CruiseRCL2- More Texas transplants! :D Seem to be a lot of us up here!

Thank you. Looks like our trip out of Galveston a few years ago.

Choozin Darkwolf was below us and to the right looking down, do that gives you an idea of how it looked.

Darkwolf, that was a great trip.....One of these days hopefully we will see you and rummenroman again. Remember watching the dolpins, whales and the other critters from the balcony? Good times! :D

Choozin Darkwolf was below us and to the right looking down, do that gives you an idea of how it looked.

Darkwolf, that was a great trip.....One of these days hopefully we will see you and rummenroman again. Remember watching the dolpins, whales and the other critters from the balcony? Good times! :D

My BIL got some fantastic pictures of the dolphin party! It really was picturesque the dolphins jumping, with the sunset in the background!

Archived