Marriott Miami Biscayne Bay

bigsmooth

Has anybody stayed at this hotel? How far is it from Bayside Market? Is this hotel real nice? Please share information, pros and con. Tell me all I need to know.

Hubby and I had a King room with a Dodge Island view December 2009. The room was very nice, a little on the smaller side from most of the Marriott properties we have stayed in, but not uncomfortably so. We asked for an upgrade to the bayside and got one with no problem, but my husband has an Elite status with them so they usually they work out requests to keep frequent customers happy.

Beds were comfortable and it was fairly quiet. We did rent a car and needed it to get to Bayside. I can't answer if there is a way over without a car, but if I recall correctly we did see the Metromover close, so that would be an option. Parking was expensive and there really were not many empty spots after about 8 PM. We ended up having dinner and breakfast on the property.....probably are only complaint. While the meals were good, they were $$$$$!

You do need to be aware of your surroundings if you venture out, but as we are from Baltimore the 8th most dangerous city in the US, we just keep our guard up like we do here at home. If you got a good price on it or are using points to pay, it's a good deal. We have a reservation at the Intercontinental on Chopin this trip unless I find something I like better. (and I'm debating between three other possibilities) Renting the car for a day was a nightmare any time it had to be parked and just wasn't worth the effort....much easier to stay closer to Bayside and the IC fit the bill. The IC is showing up for December for $102 which is a GREAT deal. We would stay at the Marriott again however.

Good hotel with port views from some rooms. Parking is pricey (valet only for about $30/day :eek:). About a $10 cab ride to either POM or Bayside - you could walk to Bayside in the day or use the People Mover thing, but I would cab it at night, or just skip Bayside (a tourist trap, IMHO :o). Some shopping available in the tunnels connecting Marriott to Doubletree and condo buildings - gormet convenience store had beer and wine, but it was not cheap unless you compared it to ship prices :(.

The restaurant in the lobby of the Doubletree next door is very good, or walk 2 blocks to Bin 18 (Biscayne & 18th) - wonderful mediterranean inspired bistro, great food, and an extensive wine and beer list. :D

Good luck! :)

Out of all the Marriott's I've stayed at in the world, this one is still my favorite..on several occasions I got a top floor room, 3 of the walls overlooked the port and skyline..beautiful.

Like any major city, you need to be mindful of your surroundings. You will see occasional homeless wandering around but they arent going to bother you. The homeless corridor is actually closer to bayside marketplace and the hotels there. I think Bayside market place has really gone downhill lot the last few years, sadly. I think where the Marriott is probably safer in that area than it is closer to Bayside where Intercontinental is..but that's my local opinion.

Good hotel with port views from some rooms. Parking is pricey (valet only for about $30/day :eek:). About a $10 cab ride to either POM or Bayside - you could walk to Bayside in the day or use the People Mover thing, but I would cab it at night, or just skip Bayside (a tourist trap, IMHO :o). Some shopping available in the tunnels connecting Marriott to Doubletree and condo buildings - gormet convenience store had beer and wine, but it was not cheap unless you compared it to ship prices :(.

The restaurant in the lobby of the Doubletree next door is very good, or walk 2 blocks to Bin 18 (Biscayne & 18th) - wonderful mediterranean inspired bistro, great food, and an extensive wine and beer list. :D

Good luck! :)

Thank you so much.

Out of all the Marriott's I've stayed at in the world, this one is still my favorite..on several occasions I got a top floor room, 3 of the walls overlooked the port and skyline..beautiful.

Like any major city, you need to be mindful of your surroundings. You will see occasional homeless wandering around but they arent going to bother you. The homeless corridor is actually closer to bayside marketplace and the hotels there. I think Bayside market place has really gone downhill lot the last few years, sadly. I think where the Marriott is probably safer in that area than it is closer to Bayside where Intercontinental is..but that's my local opinion.

Thank you so much.

We stayed here last month and it was WONDERFUL!!!!! The most comfortable beds that I have ever slept in. We had a 10th floor room with a view of the ship in the morning. It is a very close walk to the Metromover which will take you to Bayside (which we did). We also took it back to the hotel, but I don't think that we would have if it was night time, we would have taken a cab. I'm attaching some pictures for you. Have a great cruise!!!:D2662518660100380211S600x600Q85.jpg

This was our room and then bathroom. Very nice, and it had shampoo etc from Bed Bath and Beyond...

2712375260100380211S600x600Q85.jpg

Our view in the morning...2526711190100380211S600x600Q85.jpg

our view at night...you can see how close the Metromover is to the hotel (look for the blue bridge thing).

2768536870100380211S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived