Tahitian Princess - Papeete Early Debarkation?

TRauppius

I would appreciate advice from anyone familiar with the Tahitian/Ocean Princess 10 day Papeete-Papeete cruise.

The cruise returns to Papeete at 8 PM of the evening PRIOR to debarkation the next morning. I am aware that Princess uses a special process to that passengers leaving on the usual ATN flights late at night can have non-conflicting use of some the ship's public spaces concurrently with the boarding passengers for the next 10 day cruise cycle.

My question is, if I intend to go for a morning flight departure at 8:30 AM, is there sufficient time to make this early given the 6:00 AM "official arrival time" (actually the ship has been in Papeete since 8 PM the day before)?

Does Princess procedure, baggage claim, airport taxi, airport processing, etc. make a 6 to 8:30 AM dash feasible?

Thanks in advance for any direct knowledge.

My question is, if I intend to go for a morning flight departure at 8:30 AM, is there sufficient time to make this early given the 6:00 AM "official arrival time" (actually the ship has been in Papeete since 8 PM the day before)?

Does Princess procedure, baggage claim, airport taxi, airport processing, etc. make a 6 to 8:30 AM dash feasible?

Although you should probably check with Princess to be sure, you should be able to leave any time you want after the 8 PM docking as long as you carry your own luggage off of the ship. There is no immigration or customs to go through as you have not left French Polynesia during the voyage.

Not sure how you can be sure there is a cab available at the dock area at 6 AM.

I would appreciate advice from anyone familiar with the Tahitian/Ocean Princess 10 day Papeete-Papeete cruise.

The cruise returns to Papeete at 8 PM of the evening PRIOR to debarkation the next morning. I am aware that Princess uses a special process to that passengers leaving on the usual ATN flights late at night can have non-conflicting use of some the ship's public spaces concurrently with the boarding passengers for the next 10 day cruise cycle.

We used Greg's taxi to the airport rather than the Princess shuttle if you want to contact him: catgregtours@mail.pf

The rate in December was 3,000cfp plus 100 cfp per bag.

Archived