Does Anyone Know The Order Of Formal-non Formal Etc.. On The Connie?

motherchic

Formal nights for most cruises are the first sea day and the second to last night.

I see this question asked over and over. Are you just excited? Does it really matter which night you put the good clothes on? I am curious why I see this question so much!

I am curious why I see this question so much!

First off, many cruisers don't realize it's the same 2 nights on almost every 7 night cruise. Also, these threads fly off of page 1 quickly, so they are missed by people who aren't addicted to CC.

Now, as to why we want to know, it's so we can plan what formal wear to bring. The dress that fits now and on night 1, 2, or 3, might not fit on night 6 or 7.:D

Lisa, 5 days to go to Galaxy

yes, to everything Lisa said. Also thought of reserving dinner at the specialty restaurant one evening and would rather not do it on formal night.

So if i knew exactly when i would be better prepared. And YES ! i am very excited!

nadine

On our cruise earlier this year, the formal nights on the Connie were Monday (at sea day) and Thursday (after Antigua). The second night, Sunday, the usual formal night, the ship is in the DR until 11 PM. Dress is casual and they have the CDS masked ball. The program on sailing day listed the dress for the week, but it changed. We were supposed to have two informal nights, but only had one. Two formal, four casual and one informal.

The first sea day doesn't apply to many of the seven day cruises anymore. Lot's of them only have one sea day and it's later in the week. I am always interesed in the dress of the day for the same reason. As a Captain's Club member I can make reservations in the Specialty Restaurant early. My husband would prefer to go there on informal or formal nights and so I always am asking about specific nights on specific cruises.

I posted earlier with the same request as we are going on back to back cruises on the Connie and she has different itineraries each week. I'm still wondering which nights are formal and which are informal. If anyone know please share.

I can't wait, my first back-to-back cruises!!!

The first sea day doesn't apply to many of the seven day cruises anymore. Lot's of them only have one sea day and it's later in the week. I am always interesed in the dress of the day for the same reason. As a Captain's Club member I can make reservations in the Specialty Restaurant early. My husband would prefer to go there on informal or formal nights and so I always am asking about specific nights on specific cruises.

I posted earlier with the same request as we are going on back to back cruises on the Connie and she has different itineraries each week. I'm still wondering which nights are formal and which are informal. If anyone know please share.

I can't wait, my first back-to-back cruises!!!

Hi, I have the daily "Celebrity Today " from our cruise on Constellation Dec 4th - Dec 11th, 2004......and the dress code was as follows;

Saturday Dec. 4th Casual

Sunday Dec. 5th Casual

Monday Dec.6th Formal

Tuesday Dec 7th Informal

Wednesday Dec. 8th Informal

Thursday Dec.9th Formal

Friday Dec.10 Casual

That was on our cruise, but I suspect it is on most 7 day cruises.

Wes

Hi, I have the daily "Celebrity Today " from our cruise on Constellation Dec 4th - Dec 11th, 2004......and the dress code was as follows;

Saturday Dec. 4th Casual

Sunday Dec. 5th Casual

Monday Dec.6th Formal

Tuesday Dec 7th Informal

Wednesday Dec. 8th Informal

Thursday Dec.9th Formal

Friday Dec.10 Casual

That was on our cruise, but I suspect it is on most 7 day cruises.

Wes

Wow, they bunched the dress codes together...usually it is casual, semi-, formal, casual, semi-, formal...guess they figure we are docked late in Casa de Campo so some may not have the time to get back from shore and get all gussied up to come to dinner? Well I really appreciate the info, it will help us decide which night to book the Oceanliners, looks like Wednesday it is! Thanks!

Have you guys found it hard to get reservations at the Specialty restaurant?

When we were on our Infinity Panama Canal cruise, we booked one after the first day or so and enjoyed it so much we called and booked another for about a week later and there was no problem getting it. It also didnt seem that crowded. On the other hand we did it for 6PM early seating so we could make the show. Perhaps it's worse later.

Have you guys found it hard to get reservations at the Specialty restaurant?

When we were on our Infinity Panama Canal cruise, we booked one after the first day or so and enjoyed it so much we called and booked another for about a week later and there was no problem getting it. It also didnt seem that crowded. On the other hand we did it for 6PM early seating so we could make the show. Perhaps it's worse later.

I am a Captain's Club member so I pre-booked for our upcoming cruise in April...we wanted a specific night and wanted 7:30pm so figured that was the best way to get what we wanted. However I have never had a terrible time making reservations once we boarded, we just made sure we did so that 1st afternoon to make sure we didn't miss out.

As Wes posted, it depends on when you are cruising on the Constellation. I was on the same one he was, and we went to Oceanliners on Sunday. It was great, not crowded, and wonderful service. We went again on Wednesday night and it was packed. We originally had reservations (made on the phone before we left) for 7PM. They were changed to 6:30 even though that was not our choice. We didn't know they were changed until we found the ticket in our stateroom. We tried to change to 7PM but weren't able to. On our upcoming cruise, I would assume the formal nights will be Sunday and Thursday as usually they are the second and fifth nights. (Our only out to sea day is Fri, our day before we disembark.) Have fun on your cruise.

Katie

Archived