How do you prevent blisters?

kelkel2

I don't care about the pain of wearing high heels or whatever on a daily basis, what bothers me is the blisters that form. I also get them when wearing sandals for the first time of the season to.

Does anyone have any suggestion to prevent this from happening? I love my little strappy sandals but they hurt so bad!

Try Band-aid Blister Block. It works great on strappy shoes or shoes that you don't wear often. You just rub it in where the straps will fall and it stops the friction. It's kind of like a scented Crisco/lard in a roll on!:)

Where are you developing the blisters with "strappy shoes"? Have you tried putting Moleskin on any offending shoe parts? You can buy it at any drugstore, and while it says to put it on your skin, I put it on the shoe...it lasts for years..and really can prevent rubbing!

Try Band-aid Blister Block. It works great on strappy shoes or shoes that you don't wear often. You just rub it in where the straps will fall and it stops the friction. It's kind of like a scented Crisco/lard in a roll on!:)

I'm confused :confused:. Is the blister block greasy like Crisco/lard? The reason I am asking is because my feet slide in my heels when I put lotion on them. So, I'm unsure as to how feet are stabilized with a Crisco/lard product.

I'm confused :confused:. Is the blister block greasy like Crisco/lard? The reason I am asking is because my feet slide in my heels when I put lotion on them. So, I'm unsure as to how feet are stabilized with a Crisco/lard product.

It doesn't feel too greasy when it's applied. I think it doesn't absorb like a lotion would so it stays on your foot. I've only used on strappy shoes and have only applied it on the top of my foot or near my toes. I haven't used it on a pump like shoe where I feel as if my foot would slide out. You can apply as little or as much as you like.

I rarely wear heels anymore, but on the occasions that I do, I carry a little blister kit in my bag. I also take it when travelling and doing a lot of walking. It contains a bandaid or two, little patches of moleskin, little corn covers (not the medicated kind~just a round patch with an indention to protect blister), and a little sleeve that covers a toe (helps if pinky toe is getting rubbed). Those few things can fit in a very small pouch or even the coin part of a wallet, but are lifesavers! Once in an airport there was a little girl about 12 yo who was limping like crazy and her heels were all bloody. I stopped her and asked if she would like something to help her feet and she came up to me about an hour later, with her mom to thank me. ( I was a girl scout leader for enough years to always be prepared!) :)

For blisters, the best thing out there is prevention. If you have shoes that rub, moleskin is the way to go. You get it in the foot care section of any drug store or WalMart. I've found this out on our many trips to Disney World--and if there's a place you're going to get a blister on vacay, it's DW!!! ;)

This is going to sound basic, but make sure your shoes FIT. Lots of blisters are caused because "they are so cute" and we let that overcome our common sense. I have some very high heels that are comfortable and don't rub. If they rub in the store IMHO they aren't going to "break in" and "be fine" :) So the first step to prevention is not to take them home if they rub, are uncomfortable etc....

I swear by moleskin, especially when traveling in areas where it's hot and feet get sweaty, then shoes that are usually fine start giving you trouble and bandaids don't like to stick.

I always practice-wear shoes around the house before wearing them out for hours. Had my new DKNY sandals on for two hours last night, and I know they'll be great because they didn't rub at all. My new shoes ALWAYS seem to rub somewhere.

Thanks ladies! I think I'm going to go out and buy some Moleskin tomorrow. I used to use the bandaid method, but like some of you have said, your feet get sweaty and they don't want to stick. Can't wait to try this out!!!

My tip!... I compete in ballroom comps and shoes and fit are super important to me.

I mix a bottle of water and rubbing alcohol. Stray the shoes until they are pretty wet and then wear them. This mixture will stretch the shoes and mold right to your foot... Dont take them off until they are dry. I have done this with both leather and satin shoes and it does not damage the shoe. I never get blisters with new shoes.

Actually with my satin/fabric covered shoes I put them in the sink with this mixture and wear them with socks until they are dry... Works so well!!

Thanks ladies! I think I'm going to go out and buy some Moleskin tomorrow. I used to use the bandaid method, but like some of you have said, your feet get sweaty and they don't want to stick. Can't wait to try this out!!!

There are 2 products MoleSkin and MoleFoam. MoleSkin is thin and MoleFoam is very thick.

Put the MoleSkin/Foam on your shoe b/c it is a pain to get off your skin.

Archived