Woo-Hoo! Veendam Photos?

Smartcookie

Just booked the Veendam to Bermuda with my mom, sister and niece...would love to see some photos of the ship, can anyone share some links or post some?

I'm especially interested in the aft deck/pool area photos but would love to look at whatever you've got.

Thanks! :D

Just booked the Veendam to Bermuda with my mom, sister and niece...would love to see some photos of the ship, can anyone share some links or post some?

I'm especially interested in the aft deck/pool area photos but would love to look at whatever you've got.

I've got a site that I maintain with the help of our fellow Cruise Critic Members of all the HAL ships, to include Staterooms, descriptions and public areas of the ships.

The main page is here (just click on the ship you are looking for info on) FYI, I am revamping the site to make it less graphic intensive and much faster to load.

http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/

Joanie

Word is that the aft Retreat area is going to be reworked before the 2011 Bermuda cruisng season, so any photos of the 2010 changes may become

of no real use.

Lets hope this is the case, because HAL totally missed the mark on its first rework of the aft Lido area IMHO.

Thanks for the photos...also, "reworked"? NordicPrince, do you have any more details about the aft pool/retreat area?

I thought that area was just changed a few years ago and they're changing it again?

I have to agree with you though, I really don't get the concept of the shallow little puddle thing that is in the ""retreat" area. ;)

Thanks for the photos...also, "reworked"? NordicPrince, do you have any more details about the aft pool/retreat area?

I thought that area was just changed a few years ago and they're changing it again?

I have to agree with you though, I really don't get the concept of the shallow little puddle thing that is in the ""retreat" area. ;)

Not many people did "get" that concept, smartcookie. HAL certainly had less than a "smartcookie" design that one! ;) Hopefully they'll be able to straighten it out. Interestingly, as far as I know, they've scrapped plans for the same on the rest of the "S" class ships.

Unfortunately, they probably will do nothing about the way they ruined the lines on the stern. :eek:

check out http://www.shipcafe.net/shipcafe/ve/ve09.htm

I don't know the date on those photos, but they're since 2009 remodeling that added the lanai cabins, stern cabins on the Navigation and Verandah decks, the aft poolette and Retreat area, etc

Steve took some wonderful pictures. I have quite a few on my site too if you click the Veendam link you can look through everything.

I was supposed to go up that weekend to Vancouver with him but had something else come up. Now Veendam remains one of the very few I have yet to see...

Someday...

Archived